Program Manager - #19528973
George Washington University
Job Description Summary:
The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences has an opening for a full-time Program Manager to support hybrid and online doctoral programs within Health Sciences, including: Occupational Therapy (OT), Translational Health Sciences (THS), and Doctor of Health Sciences (DHSc) programs. Health Sciences is a vibrant division within the George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences that is comprised of academic departments, centers, educational and research programs, and strategic partnerships across numerous healthcare disciplines.
The purpose of this position is to provide coordination and program management on behalf of the hybrid and online doctoral programs within Health Sciences, including: Occupational Therapy (OT), Translational Health Sciences (THS), and Doctor of Health Sciences (DHSc) programs. This role will serve as a point of contact for the programs, will answer program questions from faculty, staff, and students, and will provide functional support for the program administration in online and hybrid doctoral programs. Functional support could include answering most inquiries, enrollment guidance, managing web presence and some marketing efforts, drafting program materials, planning and executing events, tracking spending and processing payments, preparing and analyzing reports, and similar duties. Often these positions make recommendations to policy and procedure. Often these roles are tasked with outreach to other GW stakeholders in order to assist in maintaining standard operational efficiencies. Duties are administrative in nature including tasks that are routine, and under general or limited supervision of more senior personnel within the departments.
This position reports directly to the Director, Student Programs and will work closely with the Occupational Therapy (OT), Translational Health Sciences (THS), and Doctorate of Health Sciences (DHSc) Faculty Program Directors. The position is primarily based at the Foggy Bottom campus but with occasional activities occurring at the Virginia Science and Technology Campus (VSTC) in Ashburn, VA. Evening or weekend hours will be required for special activities, including interview days and occasional residency weekends.
- Works closely with program leadership to ensure excellence of the educational experiences of its students, including coordinating activities required for program accreditation.
- Provides program coordination and management of the didactic curriculum including planning, implementation and evaluation of the didactic components of the program.
- Supports clinical coordinators and program directors on the clinical and practicum components of the program, including contracts, site placements and planning, and site evaluation.
- Works with the faculty in coordinating the instructional materials, virtual and in-person space needs, presentations and student assessments, use of blackboard and scheduling of classrooms.
- Coordinates events including orientation, residency weekends, defenses, and graduation.
- Performs research and data collection to incorporate information in administrative databases, technical documents, reports and correspondences.
- Coordinates admissions activities including but not limited to: working with applicants in the admissions process, reviewing applications to determine candidate eligibility, coordinating review of applications by faculty, organizing all interview activities, tracking enrollment to targets.
- Develops and maintains communication plans for prospective students from application through matriculation.
- Researches, develops, recommends and implements strategic marketing plans that will maximize the quality and quantity of applicants in academic programs in Health Sciences.
- Collaborates with SMHS Marketing and Communications and GW External Relations on communications and marketing outreach. Coordinates promotion and recruitment activities for the programs.
- Represents the programs at student recruitment and professional association events such as fairs, information sessions, webinars and open houses
- Communicates with matriculated and current students regarding enrollment, orientation, doctoral program deadlines, program and university policies, and student-services.
- Counsels students on registration, enrollment-related policies, and procedures as necessary;
- Reviews student records and tracks degree progress.
- Addresses student questions and grievances and involve program directors when needed.
- Provides support to the OT, THS, and DHSc Program Directors on program projects and initiatives
- Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 2 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Master's degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's degree preferred.
- Prior administrative experience preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite with the ability to learn new computer applications quickly.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, with the ability to work with minimal direction.
- Ability to show initiative and problem-solve.
- Excellent communication with the ability to work effectively with teams.
- Superior customer service, professional demeanor and excellent interpersonal skills
- Previous experience working with distance education programs or students is preferred.
- Previous experience working with graduate or doctoral students preferred.
- Previous experience working with academic programs in health care or a related field preferred.
Typical Hiring Range $52151 - $71734 How is pay for new employees determined at GW?