Full-Time Direct Support Professional - Evenings - Maple Grove - #19528978
Meridian Services, Inc.
Do you want to make a positive difference in someone's life?
Join our team as a Direct Support Professional at our Timbercrest Home in Maple Grove, MN!
MERIDIAN SERVICES provides person-centered services to people with intellectual disabilities in a variety of settings, including Residential (group home services), In-Home Services/ semi-independent living assistance, vocational services, case management, and other supportive programs. Meridian Services was established in 1980 working with SILS persons. Today, we have 30 group homes, 220 In-Home/SILS persons, and 120 Case Managers with our company in Minnesota. Our mission is to provide services of the finest quality, so that those we serve will be able to realize their dreams.
- Family Owned
- Medical and Dental insurance offered
- Vision insurance offered
- Pet insurance offered
- Paid Time Off
- Supplemental Insurance offered through Colonial Life
- 401 K plan (employees who work 20 hours or more per week are eligible)
- Childcare at Corporate office for Employees at reasonable tuition rates
- Growth Opportunities
- Employee of the month recognition and gift card
We're looking for a caring and experienced direct support professional to work with four women who have intellectual disabilities, medical needs, and mental health diagnoses in their home in Maple Grove. This program will focus on teaching and skills-building services and supervision to the women. Staff will be working with the women on community outings, transitions/coping skills, and many other daily living activities.
As a direct support professional, you will be a part of helping people work on outcomes/goals to gain independence and lifelong skills. Our ideal candidate must have experience working with autism or intellectual disabilities, experience with positive behavioral management programming, and experience with physical and verbal aggression.
Schedule: FT Flex scheduling - 4 evenings per week & e/o weekend
Wage: $14.50 an hour
- Work on tailored outcomes with each person in the home. Outcomes may include budgeting, behavioral management, community exploration, meal planning, organizational skills, coping skills, and/or physical fitness.
- Be an active participant with individuals served when working on outcomes and out in the community.
- Assist with personal cares as needed per person served
- Provide guidance and instructional teaching to persons while building life skills.
- Provide cleaning, cooking and medication administration to the women living at the home
- Provide supervision and transportation in the community on activities and appointments. Typically, a company vehicle is available, but times may require use of own personal vehicle
- To be at least 18 years of age for the Timbercrest Home
- Have a vehicle with current car insurance
- Have an acceptable driving record as determined by Meridian Services policy.
- Successful clearance from a DHS background Study
- Ability to complete personal cares
- Ability to lift and transfer
- Comfortable working with medical needs
- Experience working with intellectual disabilities, autism or mental health diagnosis is preferred.
Meridian Services is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Candidates are encouraged to apply at meridiansvs.com/openings - Direct Support Professional