Teller- Wasilla Financial Center - #19528992
Alaska Pacific Bank
At Northrim Bank, our vision is to be Alaska's premier bank and employer of choice. We are looking for professional and knowledgeable employees who take pride in their work. We believe in providing value for our customers and communities.
The Teller is responsible for accurately processing financial transactions and being a primary point of contact for customers. The Teller provides friendly, professional, confidential and effective assistance to customers assuring a positive experience and minimum wait time.
The following duties are intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities and ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform over-the-counter general and complex paying and receiving transactions.
- Assist customers, resolve problems and manage customer experience with general supervisory assistance.
- Educate customers with respect to Northrim Bank product/service options and identify cross-sell opportunities to gain and retain customer relationships.
- Make referrals to appropriate departments and affiliates.
- Control currency and coin in a responsible manner within security guidelines and drawer limits.
- Balance cash drawer within Northrim Transaction Error/Outage Guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Customer service, cash handling or sales experience preferred. Previous teller, new accounts, or related financial institution experience preferred.
- Related military education/experience may be used as a substitute for education or work experience.
Knowledge & Communication Skills
- Strong customer service skills and ability to communicate information in a positive and professional manner.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment that requires attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to competently read, write, and speak English sufficiently to comprehend, analyze, and effectively communicate business memorandums, technical procedures, and government regulations.
Analytical & Decision Making Skills
- Motivated self-starter and must be able to handle challenging situations.
- Demonstrates initiative in a problem resolution and gladly accepting an opportunity to exceed customer expectations through one touch resolution.
- Able to make appropriate decisions or refer to proper internal resources, for inquiries/issues or questions.
- Alert to potential fraudulent activity to prevent losses to the bank or customers.
Computer/Software/Other Equipment Skills
- Basic knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Ability to operate standard office equipment such as PC, printer, fax/copier, and telephone.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Work is performed in a professional office environment.
Northrim Bank is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Northrim Bank does not discriminate in employment based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, parenthood, marital status, changes in marital status, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.