Technical Marketing Manager, Design & Manufacturing Team Lead - #19529001
Job Requisition ID #
As the Team Lead for the D&M Technical Marketing team, you will provide direction, prioritization, and technical content to support the overall marketing and sales objectives of product design and manufacturing software used by leading manufacturers around the world.
Team management will include the overseeing of team assignments, contributing to marketing strategy, collaborating across functional teams while representing technical marketing, and overseeing the career growth of your team.
Content development may include the creation of technical demo and datasets, videos, imagery, use-case scenarios, sales tools, and technical PowerPoint presentations. You will also be required to present and deliver technical materials in a variety of ways, including web-presentations, in-person meetings, as well as social media and marketing channels.
The Technical Marketing Manager will interface with Customers, Sales, Channel Partners, Sales Readiness, Business Development Managers/Directors, Product Managers/Product Line Managers, and Industry Marketing Managers. You will be the first on the marketing team to test new software and provide feedback to the development team.
- Leading team meetings and setting team agenda/priorities
- Developing technical marketing staff through annual performance reviews and regular career check-ins through IDP conversations
- Delivering technical marketing materials such as demo-sets, videos, and PowerPoint files for product updates and launches
- Helping craft strategic technical stories for high-level keynote addresses at AU and OTC
- Creating and delivering technical material for Sales Readiness training and Sales tools
- Developing social media content to drive awareness
- Engaging in product/service alpha and beta releases to gain early insight into upcoming software releases and provided development feedback
- Developing and maintaining relationships with other technical marketing professionals at Autodesk, which also includes Technical Sales, Application Engineers, Solution Engineers, and Customer Success Engineers
- BA/BS or equivalent experience in a related engineering discipline
- 5+ experience with mechanical CAD software
- Excellent communication, writing, and editing skills
- Video creation and editing experience
- Strong presentation skills
- Previous people-management experience is preferred
The Ideal Candidate
- You have a strong experience with Autodesk software, particularly Autodesk Inventor
- You're a natural leader, you're knowledgeable, and you're experienced at using a mix of tools and technology to educate others
- And most importantly, you excel at collaborating with colleagues and stakeholders to get the job done and thoroughly enjoy being part of a team
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.