Manager, Attack Surface Analysis - #19529055
Palo Alto Networks
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As part of the Cortex organization, Expanse protects the world’s most important organizations by discovering risks on the Internet no one else can find. Expanse helps the world’s largest enterprises discover their attack surface and mitigate cyber risks. Our transformative technology is redefining the way that Fortune 500s view, measure, and invest in Internet safety.
We're looking for a highly empathetic leader to manage a team within the broader business unit of Attack Surface Analysis.
Expanse’s Attack Surface Analysis team analyzes complex data from our proprietary Internet intelligence platform, which ingests up to petabytes of Internet data per day. Our mission is to deliver up-to-date, accurate network maps and cybersecurity analysis to current and prospective customers. The work that we do helps some of the world’s largest organizations stay safe.
In this role, you will guide and mentor a team of Data Analysts as they navigate current and future company objectives. You will help balance company resources while still maintaining a high level of service to customers. You will ensure that your team has the proper training and support to succeed. You will collaborate with Product Management, Data Science, and Engineering to improve and scale internal tools. You will also build long-term strategic partnerships with key stakeholders across Expanse.
This is a chance to join a fast-growth company and help us scale to the next stage in our journey.
This position is located in Atlanta, GA; Plano, TX; or other remote locations in the United States.
- Ensure the successful delivery of all network mapping for our Sales and Post Sales organizations, ultimately creating value for customers
- Meet team SLAs for delivery response and cadence
- Help hire, train, and mentor analysts on your team; ensure resource are correctly balanced and in line with our company goals
- Craft team goals; track development, growth, and utilization of objective achievement of team members
- Help create and/or scale the infrastructure we need to continue to grow this team and to help our customers protect their networks from hackers and malicious software
- Collaborate with peers and the Head of Attack Surface Analysis to further build programs and operations
- Report directly to the Head of Attack Surface Analysis and provide counsel; assist with strategic planning and aid with development of individuals on the team
- You lead by example: you encourage direct reports, peers, and managers around you to explore new ways of doing things; you have a track record of providing others with thoughtful, specific feedback and opportunities to learn
- You are transparent and clear in your communication style; you have a proven ability to motivate others and communicate a clear vision
- You bring experience in engineering management, professional services delivery, or consulting; experience with an Internet or Big 5 consulting organization is a plus
- You have earned a degree in a technical field (Engineering or Computer Science) or have equivalent hands-on experience
- You are comfortable with data analysis, statistics, and data visualization
- You have a conceptual understanding of technical topics (e.g. mathematical or engineering concepts)
- You can communicate highly technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You have clearly exhibited an ability to be flexible and to adapt quickly to changes
Not required: exposure to modern software development methodologies is a plus
Not required: experience scripting in a language such as Python, R, Java, Matlab, etc is a plus
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.