Sited Community Manager - #19529058
Perform functions to manage, direct and provide leadership and exceptional customer service to an assigned property(s). Ensure property(s) is maintained and operated in accordance with company objectives and facilitate solutions to problems between communities and internal support staff, guided by precedent and working within the limits of established policies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed by positions in this job classification. Not all duties assigned to every position are included, nor is it expected that all positions will be assigned every duty.
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Provide management and leadership to assigned property(s).
- Collaborate with Regional Director to develop goals and communicate established goals.
- Ensure the goals and needs of the property, company and its customers are consistently met.
- Manage the functions of a team within a property while maintaining standards of excellence for processes, methods and personnel.
- Manage the process improvement and quality control of the property and ensure quality resident service is delivered.
- Assign and review the work of staff, ensure deadlines are met in a timely manner and prioritize and delegate workload as necessary.
- Align resources to work assignments and processes to meet business requirements.
- Provide leadership and direction and assist in the investigation and resolution of issues that arise.
- Partner with Supervisor, Board of Directors and internal departments to develop and lead the introduction and integration of new programs, services and initiatives.
- Act as liaison to ensure quality service is delivered, that Board expectations are met and to assist in prompt response and resolution to questions/problems.
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with homeowners, Board of Directors and internal departments to ensure a high level of resident service and achievement of company and property goals and objectives.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of contract between the association, vendors, and FirstService Residential.
- Ensure all contractual obligations are being met.
- Monitor vendor contracts regularly, submit renewal/cancellation notices, manage contract renewals professionally and advise Regional Director of any upcoming insurance renewals or lapse in coverage.
- Initiate contact with new resident representatives to coordinate the move-in process. Conduct an introduction and orientation to the management staff and building, reviews available services, and explain the communities' rules and regulations.
- Conduct site inspections regularly. Identify deficiencies and provide recommendations and action plans in order to improve the property. Process and manage violations and close them out regularly.
- Process architectural control applications and close them out in a timely manner.
- Oversee all construction projects and ensure property maintenance/improvement and other related projects are completed on time and within budget. Maintain open communication and provide timely action updates to the Board and residents.
- Create, maintain and upload a wide variety of information in Connect including but not limited to work orders, signed meeting minutes and Monthly Management Report. Fulfill all company Connect compliance expectations throughout the year.
- Interview, select, and recommend, hire, train and schedule assigned staff. Ensure proper coverage and staffing levels. Provide direction to staff and assist in the investigation and resolution of problems. Recommend personnel actions, promotions, transfers, terminations, or disciplinary measures. Manage the Performance Evaluation process of assigned unit and provide leadership, counseling and coaching to employees. Maintain harmonious employee/employer relations.
- Oversee training and cross training programs and ensure all associates are aware of and comply with company, government and customer regulations, policies, work procedures, instructions and deadlines. Participate in training programs and webinars as required.
- Observe safety standards and participates in the Company's efforts to provide a safe work environment. Conduct periodic safety meetings and ensure staff is trained and educated on safety procedures. Adhere to and maintain established Hurricane procedures.
- Address Worker Compensation incidents according to company policy.
- Maintain calendar of meetings and events and initiate and /or attend a wide range of internal and external meetings. Prepare and conduct a wide range of presentations as needed.
- Provide financial support with a wide range of functions. Review financial statements and report variances; submit invoices in a timely manner and review invoices/checks for accuracy.
- Recommend and manage the budget for the functional area of responsibility. Monitor expenses, initiate cost reduction programs and negotiate prices with vendors. Ensure property expenses are maintained within budget.
- Prepare bid comparison analysis and prepare and uses the Request for Proposal for bid solicitation.
- Maintain awareness of changes in rules, statutes or regulations and communicate changes to staff. Direct training of staff when new procedures are required to comply with changes.
- Update Association communications and ensure current information is displayed on the association boards and website. Prepare association newsletter and/or other communication with owners and residents as required.
- Participate in the development of Standard Operating Procedures and maintain existing procedures. Review processes and ensure they are in compliance with current statute. Manage the communication and compliance of SOP's within teams, managers and internal and external customers.
- Prepare, maintain and submit a wide range of reports, contract lists, presentations, documents and manuals as required. Maintain accurate records, files and communications pertinent to the Association and maintain up to date equipment maintenance logs and emergency shut off procedures book.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Practice and adhere to FirstService Residential Global Service Standards.
- Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
- Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
- May participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
- Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work.
- Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as instructed by Management.
- Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned.
Directly or indirectly supervise employees within the assigned properties.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 3 – 5 years experience in Property Operations, Hospitality or Construction; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have any state specific certifications and licenses or they are preferable of not required by the state.
- Valid Driver's License and State Mandated Vehicle Insurance
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Knowledge and ability to apply state Statutes and Community's documents.
- Knowledge of assets, cash balance, and availability of funds for projects and cash flow management for capital improvements.
- Excellent organization, motivation, leadership, management and interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking, complex problem solving, judgment and decision making ability.
- Ability to apply a comprehensive knowledge of particular field of specialization to the completion of difficult assignments.
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communication skills. Ability to communicate and provide guidance to all employee levels.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, leases and/or regulations.
- Must have strong proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. Proficiency researching the Internet. Previous experience with financial and accounting programs preferred.
- Ability to work with sensitive or confidential information.
- Demonstrated experience managing large, complex accounts or projects. Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently. Must be self-driven with the ability to identify, plan and prioritize business opportunities.
- Knowledge of mechanical operations of a building and equipment preferred.
- Possession of or willingness to obtain CMCA/AMS certification (unless required by state)
- General understanding of proposal/bid process