Sorting Operator - #19529069
Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.
Sort all discrepant material as required by Quality Control. Run all automatic sorting machines, vision and laser. Ensure boxes are made and labels for each part ran on machine. Comply will all safety rules.
Essential Job Functions
- Set up and adjust sorting machines
- Ability to distinguish good and bad parts from furnished samples provided by Quality Control.
- Maintain accurate records on time sorting per lot
- Keep all returnable containers cleaned of old labels and make sure inside of containers are free of old parts or trash
- Trouble shoot issues with machines
- Clean all machines between each job
- Follow proper housekeeping procedures according to company guidelines
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Load machines as needed
- Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor
Essential Skills & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Ability to read measuring equipment
- Operate forklift to move tubs and load machines
Competencies (5-10 Critical Areas of Understanding/Practice for the role)
- Basic mathematical understanding and ability (add, subtract, divide units of measurement)
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out work instructions written, oral or diagrammatic form
- Must read at a level to comprehend instructions and labels
- Basic Computer skills needed to review work instructions
- Good communication ability to relay information to next shift and management team
- Walking, standing and moving for 8 hour shift
- Use of hands, arms and fingers regularly, pushing and pulling
- Lifting 20-35 pounds regularly, occasionally 50+ lbs – assisted 2 person lift anything over 35 lbs
- Load product onto pallets as needed
Personal Protective Equipment
- Hearing protection
- Safety Glasses
- Safety shoes – slip resistant and safety toe
- Face shield/goggles
- Other additional PPE may be required
Inside working environment, on production floor and in office setting. Noise levels on production floor require hearing protection, temperature fluctuates dependant on season. Working around powered industrial vehicles. Production floor can become slippery with oil.
Stanley Engineered Fastening, a Stanley Black & Decker company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.