Universal Banker I - Midtown Financial Center - #19529076
Northrim BanCorp, Inc.
At Northrim Bank, our vision is to be Alaska's premier bank and employer of choice. We are looking for professional and knowledgeable employees who take pride in their work. We believe in providing value for our customers and communities.
The Universal Banker will primarily focus on sales and service efforts to new and existing customers within the branch. This position will have sales, customer service and operational skills in order to process routine and complex over the counter transactions and assist other branch employees with their customer transactions. This position, if properly licensed, will sell/service products and services available through Northrim Investment Services (NIS).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Focus on retention and relationship growth of existing personal and business customers.
- Refer, sell and open deposit products/services to fit the customers' needs.
- Make referrals to appropriate departments and affiliates.
- Educate customers with respect to Northrim Bank product/service options.
- Identify cross-sell opportunities to gain and retain banking relationships with customers.
- Assist customers to resolve problems. Manage the customer experience in order to consistently exceed customer expectations.
- Perform over-the counter general and complex paying and receiving transactions.
- Make presentations on financial services to professional, non-profit groups, and/or commercial customer employees to attract new clients.
- Control currency and coin in a responsible manner within security guidelines and drawer limits.
- Ensure cash drawer is balanced daily within Northrim Transaction Error/Outage Guidelines.
- Originate and close consumer loans.
- If properly licensed, sell and service products/services offered through NIS.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Specific Responsibilities
Universal Banker I
- Spend minimum 25% of time focused on calls to existing and prospective customers, continuously seeking out and pursuing new sales/relationship building opportunities, including follow-up at established intervals.
- High school diploma or equivalent. State of Alaska Life Insurance License preferred.
- Two (2) years of customer service and/or successful sales experience in a goal-oriented, customer contact environment.
- Evidence of progressive responsibility in related position preferred.
- Financial institution experience in a customer-contact and product/service sales environment, such as branch or lending, is strongly preferred.
- Related military education/experience maybe used as a substitute for stated education or work experience.
Licenses & Certifications
- Universal Banker I State of Alaska Life Insurance License and FINRA Series 65 or 66 preferred.
Knowledge & Communication Skills
- Outgoing, confident and have a credible sales-oriented personality.
- Advanced customer service skills, consultative sales skills, and communicate information in a positive and professional manner.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment that requires attention to detail and accuracy.
- Competently read, write, and speak English sufficiently to comprehend, analyze, and effectively communicate business memorandums, technical procedures, and government regulations.
Analytical & Decision Making Skills
- Able to resolve complex problems/situations with limited assistance.
- Analytical ability is required in order to determine solutions to varied, difficult and complex problems.
- Able to provide comparative information regarding bank deposit product/services, electronic banking and merchant services.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to perform independently in setting objectives and determining how to proceed.
- Able to multi-task and accomplish a high degree of accurate work that adheres to established processes, procedures and regulations.
Computer/Software/Other Equipment Skills
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Ability to operate standard office equipment such as PC, printer, fax/copier, and telephone.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Work is performed in a professional office environment.
Full Time, Non-Exempt
Northrim Bank is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Northrim Bank does not discriminate in employment based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, parenthood, marital status, changes in marital status, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.