Associate, Portfolio Mgmt, Global Fund Banking - #19529081
SVB Financial Group
Global Fund Banking Portfolio Management roles are responsible for managing the all lending and credit aspects for both Venture Capital and Private Equity client relationships. Core responsibility is leading the due diligence process and deal structuring process, and then partnering with the Relationship Management team for the delivery and negotiation of credit products. PM Associates Conducts due diligence and engages in the structuring and delivery of new deals. Underwrites new loans, renewals, and credit actions related to modifications or changing risk. Supports overall lending process on new deals and modifications to existing deals, from underwriting through documentation and closing. Reviews information and communicates on clients' compliance status, changing level of risk and broader trends in portfolio. Utilizes critical thinking skills in supporting VP's and Directors/MD's on both recommendations and actions pertaining to pipeline and portfolio management. Completes underwriting and portfolio management with practices that meet SVB policies/procedures in terms of timeliness, completeness, consistency and accuracy. Handles client needs by interacting with appropriate internal and external stakeholders. Develops expertise in SVB's loan types and markets.
- Conduct underwriting, including diligence on information, support in structuring the deal, overall credit approval package preparation and closing (documentation and booking).
- Support proactive portfolio management by reviewing financial and other information (both externally and internally prepared) to properly assess client situations and risk. Participate in client meetings as appropriate to gather and understand information to be able to effectively communicate it to key stakeholders. Ensure proper documentation of our findings and recommended actions through Action Plans, CRR updates, Variances, reporting to partners in Relationship Management and Credit Administration, and other parts of the bank as needed.
- Ongoing client support associated with the loan-focused needs of the client, including communicating with internal partners and delivering for clients.
- Provide information in support of the development of loan type / business model / sector focused insights. Deliver on responsibilities with increasing scale and efficiency, participating in initiatives designed to drive further consistency and scale where appropriate.
- Utilizes decision making and independent judgment in performing underwriting tasks and to support the management of portfolios.
- Utilizes decision making and independent judgment for building increasing levels of expertise and sharing that with colleagues.
- Recommends loan structures and completes underwriting for credits and prospects with increasing levels of complexity based on experience. Reviews information and prepares other credit actions and action plans based on changing situations/risk.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related experience
- 2 or more years of related experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Portfolio Management and negotiation experience
- Strong knowledge of credit analysis and accounting
- Able to contact established clients, under guidance from the Director/MD or Vice President, and have the ability to become responsible for all lending aspects related to a small group of client relationships.
- Excel in a dynamic environment
- Ability to lead simultaneous assignments and produce results in time-sensitive circumstances.
- Ability to take ownership of and drive processes, but also knows when to escalate or engage others
- Works collaboratively with internal and external partners
- Skilled at analyzing data to support and improve business decisions
- Attention to detail
- Communication Proficiency