General Manager, DACH - #19529105
We are seeking a superstar General Manager to help us grow the DACH region and bring the joys of flexible and accessible fitness and wellness to many more people.
This role is a challenging but rewarding combination of business development/account management, marketing, strategic thinking and financial planning. You will be responsible for delivering stretching growth and profitability targets via relationship management with top studio and wellness partners, and execute grassroots marketing and brand partnerships to enable growth and increase brand awareness. Successful General Managers are able to leverage learnings from other markets and share key insight to help ClassPass grow worldwide, while maintaining the right level of localisation to resonate with your market.
- Be accountable for ClassPass growth in your market, delivering revenue and profitability targets, and being strategic about how you manage your time and resources to do so.
- Maintain strong relationships with our top studio partners through consistent support
- Sign new studios and wellness venues, start conversations with studios who have just opened in your city and lead contract negotiations
- Be active (!) in the fitness and wellness industry in Germany - you should be a natural networker, constantly looking to grow your contacts to be the first person to pick up on new studios, trends or fitness brands to collaborate with entering your market
- Conceptualise and execute local marketing efforts, including but not limited to: hosting events to build the ClassPass community, starting ambassador relationships or local brand partnerships, and more
- Assist our social media team with local content - you should be social media savvy and understand how to best position our brand and product in Germany.
- Maintain excellent communications with the company leadership to highlight strategic opportunities and threats, and leverage the support of a world class team in HQ to deliver your goals
Skills & Experience:
- Extensive experience in Account Management/ or Senior Sales Management, Business Development, or City Manager/General Manager role
- Strong relationship management and up-selling skills, you're a natural networker and love meeting new people
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with teams across geographic regions and time zones
- Independent, self-starter attitude with the willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Ability to use performance data to help you prioritise your time, and communicate with the rest of the company on how your market is doing
- Previous startup experience is a plus
- A passion for Fitness and Wellness to properly understand and analyse the market and also to make the most out of your complimentary ClassPass!
- Fluent in German and English
- Right to work in Germany
Who we are
ClassPass is revolutionizing the fitness and wellness industry by bringing together the world's best classes and experiences into one app. Founded in 2013 by Payal Kadakia, ClassPass connects members to millions of classes in 30 countries around the globe, and is now available as a wellness benefit with some of the world's leading employers. We make it easy to prioritize your health, whether you decide to head to a local studio, play an on-demand workout or book yourself a much needed wellness appointment. Over 100 million reservations later, we truly believe that we're just getting started.
What we believe
At ClassPass, we believe in the power of movement. But we believe in more than just that. We believe in building for the future, creating more opportunities for everyone around the world to live fully and in good health. We believe that we can always push ourselves and our company to be better, and that there is power in the hard things when we're all working together toward the same goal. We believe in building a diverse company where a sense of belonging is felt by employees, customers and partners alike. And we believe that the secret to ClassPass' success is its people.
ClassPass is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We highly value diversity at our company and encourage people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or other protected characteristics.