Software Engineer - Entry - #19529112
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
Jacobs is the world's top supplier of automotive test facilities, providing a full range of services to commercial automotive industry customers. Customers include not only the world's major vehicle providers and other original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), but also clients from the international motor sports community.
Our experience encompasses virtually every type of automotive test facility, including climatic and driveability wind tunnels; aerodynamic, acoustic, and thermodynamic wind tunnels; emissions test rooms; soak rooms; altitude chambers; engine and powertrain test cells; and electromagnetic anechoic chambers. We not only design and build these facility systems assets but also operate, maintain, and manage these facilities.
This position is full-time, direct hire. This is NOT a contract position. You will be eligible for our generous benefit package, including health insurance, dental, vision, generous PTO, paid holidays, 401K, stock purchase plan, and tuition reimbursement.
- Support software core development and test scripting in ADACS, PUMA, AutoTEST, and Cameo
- Creation and implementation of common test system architecture, including computers, I/O systems, and software solutions
- Work with ELD Test/Facilities Engineering Team to support upcoming and ongoing tests
- Complete initial test setups
- Perform troubleshooting for AutoTEST, ADACS, PUMA, Cameo
Resolve software and hardware problems
- Support upgrade or decommission of all obsolete test site control systems
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, AND /OR SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor or Associates degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or Computer Technology
- Work experience focusing on software development
- Fundamental programming skills (Visual Basic (VB), LabView, other), desired
- Experience providing test support for automotive engine & powertrain testing, desired
- Data analysis experience
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
Unusual or Special Physical Requirements of Position
- Lifting: Engine parts such as intakes, exhaust parts, heads, drive shafts, and other related engine parts and accessories. Up to 50 lbs, 25%
- Climbing: NA
- Crawling: NA
- Special clothing/equipment (wearing): Safety glasses, slip resistant hardened toe shoes, gloves, long pants, short sleeve shirts, 100%
- Unusual physical requirements: Sitting (50%), Standing (50%), Bending (25%), Stooping (25%)
- High noise level: Engine high noise level while running in the test cell, the employees are not exposed to engine speeds over idle while in the cell, 10%
- Other: NA
Description of Work Environment (specify and provide % of time required)
- Inside? Outside? Combination? Where?: Inside, 100%
- Extreme (hot/cold) temperatures involved: Hot temperatures generated by engines. Cold start tests, the engine can be soaked to -20F, 0%
- Hazardous conditions - What are they?: Rotating equipment, engines, hot exhaust, trip hazards, 100%
- Travel/transportation requirements: NA
- Other: NA
Equipment and Machines Involved in Work Tasks (specify and provide % of time required)
- Office equipment/machines electrically/battery operated - which?: Computers, analyzers, DMM, 80%
- Vehicles, forklifts, etc. operated which?: NA
- Tools used in trade - which ones?: Basic hand tools, hammer, screw driver, wrenches, ratchets, sockets, and other related engine repair tools, 20%
- Other: NA
Criticality of Attendance (specify and provide % of time required)
- Overtime, regular days, off days: 8 hours per day, Monday through Friday (exempt employee)
- Shift, 1st, 2nd, 3rd: Days
- Necessity for regular attendance: Critical, 100%
- Urgency for punctuality: Critical, 100%
- Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday - Friday. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important, but not critical, except for deadlines and meetings. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Must complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, health performance evaluation, and background check.
- Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers.
- Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to office or work site is required.
- Travel to and from customer's locations and the test fields may be required to support projects.
- This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary.
- When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.