Medical Technician - Blood Bank - #19529117
Novant Health is seeking to employ a Medical Tech that displays prowess in performing all laboratory procedures, reporting lab results and flexibility in training methods as it concerns equipment use and software. Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every time. #JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university in medical technology, clinical laboratory science, or chemical, physical, or biological science or equivalent required. Successful completion of a NAACLS accredited Medical Technology or MT program preferred.
- Experience: One year experience as laboratory tech. (Clinical internships of 12 months duration meet this requirement) preferred.
- Licensure/certification/registration: Technologist/Scientist Certification from ASCP (BB, C, H, MT/MLS, M, MB) or AMT - MT required. MT/MLS preferred. All individuals certified ASCP beginning January 1, 2004 must participate and maintain ASCP Board of Certification (BOC) through the Certification Maintenance Program (CMP). All individuals who are certified AMT beginning January 1, 2006 must participate and maintain AMT Certification Continuation Program (CCP) required.
- Additional skills required: New graduates must obtain certification within 12months of hire. Failure to do so will result in termination of employment. All individuals who are newly certified ASCP beginning January 1, 2004 must participate and maintain ASCP Board of Certification (BOC) through the Certification Maintenance Program (CMP). All individuals who are newly certified AMT beginning January 1, 2006 must participate and maintain MT Certification Continuation Program (CCP).Knowledge of current medical terminology to perform full range of laboratory tests. Knowledge of laboratory equipment and testing to perform quality control checks and troubleshooting of instrumentation. Knowledge of medical terminology to communicate with medical staff regarding laboratory procedures and results. Skill in performing a full range of laboratory tests. Skill in anticipating and reacting calmly to emergency situations. Skill in developing and maintaining department quality assurance. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, hospital staff and the public. Ability to read and understand information about instrumentation in laboratory field. Ability to follow written protocols. Ability to work independently. Ability to communicate clearly.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".