Program Manager - Powertrain & Electrification - #19529120
Under general direction of a Portfolio Manager, the Program Manager will be responsible for the management of multiple related projects and/or large multi-country projects (program).
They will direct Project Managers in monitoring cost, scheduling, and technical performance of component projects and operations, while working to ensure profitability and financial targets of the program. Generally they are responsible for determining and coordinating the sharing of resources among their constituent projects to the overall benefit of the program.
The Program Manager manages one or more project teams consisting of cross-functional team members, defines and communicates clear project deliverables and performance targets; manages all aspects of customer relationships and ensure overall satisfaction to the contractual deliverable.
This position will be responsible for stakeholder management, particularly stakeholders external to the organization, and manages with the project team the completion of activities to assure quality, profitability and timing targets of the program.
Take ownership. Are you ready for a challenge?
In this role the ideal candidate will act as a network and think innovatively while executing the following responsibilities:
- Accountable for Profitability, Timing and Quality of multiple related projects (program)
- Evaluate and completely understand contractual deliverables, in content and contractual obligations.
- Scope management: direct Project managers in building the project Work Breakdown Structure, to ensure that the project includes all the work required, and only the work required, to complete the project successfully.
- Change management: develop engineering changes with clear cost, delivery impact, and expiration date. Negotiate engineering changes, securing customer concurrence, in cost scope and delivery.
- Maintain timely budget updates based on scope of work changes, optimizing project execution improvements.
- Time management (schedule): formulate a detailed execution-timing plan, including critical path timing, mitigation timing plans, with constant updating, improvement, and follow-up.
- Risk management: identify risk and opportunities and develop risk mitigation plans and actions plans to realize opportunities.
- Managing/coordinating the project team (people assigned to the Project by the other departments)
- Team Building and Coaching: facilitate and develop a productive and cohesive project team, manage conflict resolution.
- Manage all customer escalation, communication and satisfaction.
- Integrate in the project team the activity of the Technical Leader, Supply Chain Leader, Site Manager and other team members, for an effective management of the customer technical reviews, buyoffs, procurement process and site activities.
- Manage accounts receivable totals related to project and minimize overdue.
- Monitor project activities for compliance to company policies and processes. Manage and maintain master project documentation or project binder in real time.
- Conduct PLM assessment and evaluation for employees reporting directly to the role.
- Other duties as required.
Reports to: Portfolio Manager
Do you have what it takes?
This role is best suited for a candidate that possess the following qualifications:
- Experience with project management overseeing multicultural teams and projects.
- Customer Management
- Electrification and Powertrain products knowledge of combustible engines or electric vehicles
- Financial, economics, contract, legal and operational aspects of EPC.
- Knowledgeable of PMI pillars of project management such as cost, risk, time, and change management.
- Business process orientation skills.
- Program Management Communication and presentation skills; public speaking.
- Program Management Negotiation skills.
- Problem solving and decision-making methodology.
- Minimum of five years of project management experience.
- Minimum of three years automation experience.
- Managed projects over $20 M
- PM training based on PMI process
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business
- PMP CERTIFICATION
Let's Connect. A Global Spirit, a Local Presence.
Let's Work. A history rooted in excellence, a future driven by innovation.
Let's Innovate. We believe that innovation drives the industry towards excellence.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled