Assistant Community Manager - #19529122
Our multi-family community in Sunset beach, NC currently has a full-time Assistant Community Manager opening. We offer a best in class work environment, excellent growth opportunities, Blue Cross healthcare benefits, paid vacation, paid sick, paid holidays, 401k with match, and much more.
Independence Realty Trust (IRT - NYSE) is a fully integrated real estate company, currently managing over 17,000 multi-family units, in 17 markets. We're anticipating tremendous growth and opportunity over the next few years. We strive to provide our residents the best place to live and our employees the best place to add value and reach new heights. IRT has a strong commitment to hiring the most talented industry professionals, which has resulted in record growth, making the company one of the most respected and trusted within our industry. Our core beliefs as an organization include Empowerment; Optimism; Trust, Passion and Quality. We believe that greatness resides in everyone and all that's needed to unleash it is to feel at home. Are you ready to join our team? To research us in more detail, visit www.irtliving.com.
- Operate and manage the receivables of the Community accounting, maintain community files, and assist in daily operations of the Community at the direction of the Community Manager.
- Perform functions of the Community Manager when the manager is unavailable and assist with managing the day-to-day operations.
- Collect all rents and fees, within legal means, to achieve zero delinquency.
- Prepare bank deposits and transport them to the bank daily.
- Secure receipts received after daily deposits until the next banking business day.
- Pursue delinquencies via eviction action or designated collection agency.
- Complete accounting month-end reports and any other reports needed.
- Work with the Community Manager, directing the efforts of on-site staff to ensure apartments are ready for move-in and are maintained in a satisfactory manner.
- Oversee and maintain company customer service standards. Respond to resident's requests and work with residents to minimize and resolve problems and complaints.
- Assist with leasing. Oversee and maintain prospect, traffic and leasing data.
- Assist with coordination of and participate in resident functions.
- Maintain courteous & helpful demeanor with owners, residents, prospective residents, coworkers, vendors, etc.
- Participate in company training classes, meetings, and other events intended to introduce staff to new ideas and improve overall performance.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Some college level courses preferred.
- At least 2 years' experience working within a multi-family community
- Ability to post and read computerized rent roll and collection reports.
- Experience and proficiency in using a variety of software programs including MS Office Suite, Word and Excel. Yardi preferred.
- Possess strong leadership qualities, excellent customer service skills and excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
- Demonstrate sales and marketing skills.
- Possess a working knowledge of Fair Housing laws, rules and regulations concerning apartment leasing and management.
- Must be detail oriented, an independent thinker, and be able to prioritize and shift focus as necessary.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work as part of a team required.
- Must be able to obtain licenses when required by state
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
Independence Realty Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, familial, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected classes.