Therapeutic Recreation Assistant - #19529142
When you come to work at Ebenezer, we promise to support your growth, honor your strengths and empower you to make a difference in the lives of others. Named as a Star Tribune Top Workplace for the 11h time, Ebenezer is Minnesota's largest senior living organization with over 100 years of excellent service, and we're growing at an unprecedented rate!
Aurora on France is a new, state of the art community, attached to Fairview Southdale in the heart of Edina near many medical centers/providers. It is conveniently located off of Hwy. 62 and France Ave. on a bus line. Aurora is a full continuum of care campus including Transitional Care, Enhanced Care and Assisted Living/Memory Care. We offer employees many benefits including free meals if you work a double shift, beautiful walking paths for your breaks and opportunities for growth both in the TCU and Assisted Living.
The Therapeutic Recreation Assistant Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and coordinates goal oriented programs for all residents. In addition, serves as a resource person independent leisure pursuits. Enables residents to achieve optimal level of intellectual, social, emotional, physical, and spiritual potential.
This is a full time position; 64hours per pay period on the Day Shift.
Includes every third weekend and rotating holidays.
Benefit eligible ( PTO, Medical, Dental, Retirement, Tuition Reimbursement) https://www.ebenezercares.org/benefits.html
- Plan, implement, coordinate, evaluate, and conduct programs pertinent to the interests and needs of the individual resident.
- Maintains compliance with state and federal regulations regarding medical record documentation and participation.
- Evaluates the therapeutic value of group programs and outings regularly and timely when requested by Director.
- Plans and implements community outings and special events.
- Takes responsibility for notifying residents of upcoming opportunities.
- Actively involves self in the continued growth of the 1:1 programming.
- Works in cooperation with Chaplain or local clergy.
- Ability to complete MDS, Assessments, Care Plans, and Progress notes.
- Complete and update attendance/participation records.
- Gathers information from other team members as it relates to resident's progress.
- Attends and participates in IDT and resident care conferences
- Vocational/Technical Training or Associate Degree Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Therapieutic Recreation, Music Therapy or related field Preferred
- CTRS, MT-BC Preferred
- 1-3 Year Preferred
- Computer Skills and other office skills Required
- Proficiency in piano or guitar (able to lead sing a longs) Preferred