Order Taker and Cashier - #19529181
Come be Part of the Jason's Deli Family! We are looking for Friendly people to be part of our Order Takers/ Cashiers.
Start Earning Paid Time Off on Day 1
Medical, Dental, Vision Available for Full Time Employees
- Advancement Opportunities through our Career Path Program
A Customer Service team member takes customer orders, payments, answers the telephone, takes customer's food orders, and helps where there is a hospitality need in the deli.
Education: It is preferred the applicant be enrolled in high school or a certified G.E.D. program or have their high school diploma or G.E.D.
Experience: Unless currently attending high school, college, or a technical or vocation school, qualified applicants preferred to have at least six months work experience.
Skills: Qualified applicants must be able to memorize menu abbreviations and menu prices, and basic job routines, must be able to read and write, and communicate in English effectively, must be able to perform basic math including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, counting change correctly, and handling, organizing, and balancing money and credit card charge slips.
Health: An applicant who is currently infected with or has knowledge that they are currently infected with a communicable disease which has been determined by the Secretary of Health and Human Services as one which is transmissible to the public through the handling of food will not be considered as a qualified applicant. An Applicant must comply with the applicable city Department of Health regulations as well as Jasons Delis dress code policies.
Essential Job Functions:
- The ability to stand for extensive periods of time.
- The ability to bend over and reach upwards or outward effectively.
- The ability to operate the cash register at a rapid pace.
- The ability to perform job tasks repetitiously at a very rapid pace for extensive periods of time.
- The ability to maintain regular, predictable attendance.
- The ability to understand and to follow instructions.
- The ability to use equipment including cash registers, calculators, automatic credit card approval machine, and telephone equipment.
- The ability to work in an environment with temperature fluctuations.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Reading customers tickets and ringing up correct menu price amounts, communicating with the customer regarding money owed, and counting change or processing credit card charges.
- Verifying cash drawer before shift begins, during the shift properly completing forms and documenting overrings.
- Complying with the application of tax tables based on city, county, or state tax requirements.
- At the end of the shift, balancing cash drawer, reconciling charges, cash, and checks, completing a daily sales report, and completing a change order slip.
- Taking customers orders over the telephone, writing the correct menu abbreviations and prices, and turning the order in to the sandwich maker.
Secondary Job Responsibilities:
- Cleaning projects, which will require using chemicals to clean all areas of the deli, including sweeping and mopping, cleaning and wiping counters, walls, pictures, cabinets, and other artifacts.
- Daily organizing of products in all register areas, restocking and re-arranging products in the drink box, on the candy counter, and products at other display locations, arranging items in cabinets.
- Making food runs to the customers in the dining area, restocking the salad bar, and getting refills for customers.
Statement of Performance:
The General Manager and his or her Assistant Managers will evaluate a new employee during the ninety-day introductory period. After the introductory period, the General Manager and his or her Assistants evaluate performance on an on-going basis and salary increases are given at any time, as determined by the General Manager.
Statement of Totality:
This position will include any and all other essential and secondary duties assigned by management to ensure the proper functioning of operations in the deli. The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.