Dental Front Office - #19529228
Hero Practice Services
Job Description: Dental Front Office Administrator
Pay Rate: $14.00/hr+
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reports to: Practice Leader/Team Lead
Pediatric Dental Group , is part of the Hero Practice Services group. Hero is the only practice management company focused on delivering the systems, processes, and people needed to efficiently deliver quality dental, vision, and orthodontic care to children in underserved communities. With 26 offices across seven states, we have helped over a million children, ages six months through 20 years, gain access to the care they need since 2006. Working at Hero is both a career and a calling…join us, BE A HERO!
Serving the needs of the Medicaid population requires a well-oiled machine. Our fast-paced, high volume offices require smart scheduling, effective patient communications, tested processes, and dedicated, well-trained personnel. The Hero DVO team knows what it takes to provide quality dental, vision, and orthodontic care under one roof. We are looking to create long-term relationships with the children and families we serve, and to achieve that goal; we are dedicated to providing our team with the support, compensation, and lifestyle they need for career happiness.
Navigating the healthcare system can be a challenge for the families we serve. At Hero, we make it easy and enjoyable for parents to get regular vision, dental, and orthodontic care for their children. Our kid-friendly offices take the fear out of dental visits, and all our staff is trained to put both children and parents at ease. From scheduling to payments, eyewear selection to orthodontics, we make it fun, easy, and affordable for children to thrive.
Support and commit to company growth and professional development by playing your part as a Hero Teammate in spinning the Virtuous Cycle.
We see a child
We treat a child
We complete all necessary treatment
We bill it correctly
We get paid
We pay the bills
- We take the rest and open more practices
To be the leading provider of high-quality and compassionate dental, vision, and orthodontic services to children in underserved communities.
Outcome of the Role
The Dental Front Office Administrator's role is to ensure a positive first impression by efficiently executing front office processes, including answering the phone, scheduling appointments, and collecting payment within a pediatric dental practice.
The outcome of this role is achieved by following Hero Core Values:
Integrity - Doing what is right for our patients, our teammates, and our company. Upholding moral principles and trustworthy actions.
- Be in compliance with all laws governing our company (e.g., HIPAA)
- Maintain patient confidentiality
- Always do the right thing—even when no one is watching
- Demonstrates high integrity in all activities; does not cut corners to achieve goals.
- Strives to meet or exceed the expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Support the organization's goals and values, support affirmative action, and respect diversity, and adhere to state and federal guidelines
Mission Driven - Focused on delivering high quality, compassionate healthcare through your daily activities in efforts to better the community we service.
- Passionate about enabling our teams to deliver high-quality care and service.
- Establish clear expectations for teammates around desired patient experience and respond promptly to customers' needs
o Greet patients upon arrival and schedule appointments
o Call patients regarding appointment confirmations, reminders, and cancellations
o Collect and process patient payments
- Assist the dental coordinator with administrative responsibilities such as data entry and scanning
Patient First - Evaluating our level of service and quality to the people we serve, putting what's best for our patients above all else.
- Review patient and family health needs to ensure all needs are met
- Coordinate patient flow by keeping the appointment schedule organized and full
- Ensure all electronic information is updated properly within the EHR system
- Accurately complete the Patient Checklist for Transaction Quality.
- Collaborate with others to provide high-quality care and experience for our patients and their families
Accountability - Taking responsibility for meeting our commitment and taking ownership of our results.
- Complete all required tasks accurately and on time
- Possess an ability to work on multiple projects, problems or tasks at once
- Use research, facts, and analysis to inform decisions and continually improve outcomes
- Understand, monitor and ensure effective execution of all policies and procedures by completing administrative tasks correctly and on time
Compassion - Having the insight and vision to see others and help them along the journey of awareness, courage, confidence, and joy. Seeing people as humans and assuming positive intent.
- Support a non-judgmental environment for patients and their families
- Place team above self, doing whatever it takes to make the broader team win
- Work well with members of Hero's leadership team in pursuit of the company's goals
- Collaborate with others to provide and understand vision and inspiration to peers by displaying passion and optimism and remaining open to others' ideas
Teamwork - Acting as a contributing teammate to those you work with, striving for common culture and goals. Supporting one another to achieve the mission and seeing opportunity in yourself and others to develop and grow.
- Report to work as scheduled and ready to work
- Demonstrate a sense of cohesion within the practice that fosters teammate dependability and support by reporting to work as scheduled, listening carefully to others and encouraging teammates' growth
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment with different personalities
- Work consistently across all lines of business to maintain a productive and efficient schedule
- Follow all processes and procedures for all lines of business.
- High school diploma or GED
- One year of administrative experience
- Previous experience in a dental practice is a plus
- Bilingual desired, but not required
- Demonstrate attention to detail and the ability to handle a diverse workload
- Exhibit strong interpersonal skills, listen to patients' needs, and possess a friendly and outgoing demeanor
- Preferred knowledge of eCW Database, Paychex Application Preview Payroll, Intero Order processing systems, Google Docs, Document Portal Spreadsheet software, and must be proficient at using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Cross functional experience across multiple lines of business
This position requires full range of body motion. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to handle or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 25 pounds.
Work is performed in a standard office environment. This role routinely utilizes standard office equipment.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The statements contained herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by Dental Front Office Administrators, but is not a complete list of the responsibilities, duties, or skills required. Other duties may be assigned as business needs dictate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hero Practice Services group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary and Benefits
Full-time, non-exempt position. Competitive compensation and benefits package.
In addition to the Job Description, you will be asked to perform other duties that support the business and our Mission.