Oncology Territory Manager, Fort Worth TX - #19529234
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Oncology Territory Manager (OTM) will deliver on aggressive but realistic targets for revenue growth and profitability by executing brand objectives through innovative strategies, excellence in customer engagement and rigorous account planning. The OTM will be responsible for promoting Bavencio and its approved indications, launch of future Bavencio indications, Tepmetko and other potential products from the EMD Serono pipeline. As a key member of a high performing team including Marketing, Managed Markets, Medical and the Pfizer co-promotion/alliance partner, the OTM will manage sales at the territory level and serve as the primary liaison between customers and EMD Serono.
- Drive revenues via innovative strategies and tactics: including excellence in customer engagement and account planning
- Achieve Area quarterly and annual sales objectives through implementation of company and U.S. Oncology sales direction
- Achieve short and long-term sales objectives by identifying customer needs and providing solutions to create a professional relationship between the customer and EMD Serono
- Build customer alliances and maintain relationships with key HCP's, physician practices, and hospitals/clinics, practice managers across various practice settings, including major cancer centers.
- Develop local/national KOL's
- Be a market expert having deep market, customer, product and competitive insights. Understand the changing healthcare landscape and strategically adapt to succeed in this ever-changing environment.
- Achieve maximum individual potential, including excellence in product and disease state understanding, alignment with brand strategy, selling skills, account plan tracking, resource optimization and effective collaboration with co-promotion and alliance partners
- Develop Territory Business Plans consistent with the business unit strategy
- Maintain an expert operating knowledge of all company policies and guidelines including but not limited to those addressing Interactions with Healthcare Professionals, Compliance, Business Conduct and PhRMA. Ensure compliance with all Company, industry and government laws or guidelines regarding ethical standards
- Accountable for overall territory revenue
- Optimize area budgets and monitor all area expenditures to ensure optimal use of resources
- Fully participate in field coaching sessions with agreed frequency, including receiving guidance, positive reinforcement, and corrective action where needed with a focus on the execution of accounts plans and competency development to ensure sales growth
- Demonstrate strong critical analysis and planning skills in reviewing data, understanding trends, preparing and communicating applicable plans
- Successfully complete ongoing training and development to include product knowledge, selling skills, goal setting, planning and analysis, use of marketing tools and clinical information and sales competencies
- Work collaboratively and manage ongoing communication and tactical coordination with EMD Serono field and headquarters colleagues as well as alliance partners
- Demonstrate competency and fluency in business plan writing and communications and presentations
- Maintain frequent communication with the ABD
- Demonstrate leadership with peer groups
- English required. Other language skills may be considered a plus
- A valid and active driver's license is required.
- The position requires domestic travel 50-70% of time and live within the territory boundaries
Who you are:
- B.S., B.A. Degree required
- 5+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical/ healthcare industry with demonstration of successful results.
- Experience in Oncology Sales is preferred and specialty biologics markets highly desirable.
- Advanced degree a plus
- Success record consistently driving and maintaining strong results
- Experience selling a multi-product portfolio highly desired
- Scientific or clinical background desirable
- In-depth understanding of the oncology landscape and market dynamics is highly desirable
- Pharmaceutical marketing experience developing marketing programs and materials for healthcare professionals and patients a plus
- Strong expertise in reimbursement and managed care knowledge a plus
- Launch experience a strong plus
- Management of a co-promote partnership/alliance is highly desirable
- Current understanding of pharmaceutical and promotional compliance guidelines and regulations required
- Proficient with Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Home Office/Headquarters experience is a plus
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.