Behavioral Health - ER Crisis Screener - #19529238
We Are Hiring
This position will work approxiamtely 8 shifts per month on a PRN - rotating basis as an ER Screener.
Becoming an Associate with Ascension Borgess means joining a connected healthcare community that offers rewarding opportunities at all levels and across all disciplines. Advanced resources, state-of-the-art facilities and nationally recognized patient care are just a few reasons to build a career with us.
What You Will Do
Provide comprehensive assessment, diagnosis and treatment of mental, emotional, behavioral, addictive and developmental disorders and disabilities using specialized clinical knowledge and advanced clinical skills.
- Perform comprehensive diagnostic assessments of patients needs and psychosocial status.
- Develop a comprehensive, individualized treatment plan and goals for the patient and provide psychotherapy, group and family therapy if applicable.
- Collaborate with other members of the multidisciplinary team, as appropriate, to develop treatment goals for the patient. May participate in multidisciplinary patient care conferences discussing information obtained from patient assessments, updates, treatment plans.
- Provide appropriate documentation of all pertinent information obtained in interviews, consultation with other healthcare professionals, referrals, contacts and supportive services provided to each patient. Complete necessary documentation and reporting in accordance with departmental standards and Federal and State regulations.
- Provide direct clinical supervision to interns and assigned staff.
What You Will Need
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- One or more of the following required:
- Clinical Counselor obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Counselor credentialed from the Michigan Board of Counseling obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Psychologist credentialed from the Michigan Board of Psychology obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Social Worker credentialed from the Michigan Board of Social Work obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Any level accepted.
- Master's degree required.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Michigan employs over 20,000 compassionate caregivers across 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities. Our care teams are dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care – including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Borgess is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.