Auto Glass Technician Trainee-$17/hr - #19529248
Auto Glass Technician Trainee-$17/hr
Qualified and interested? Send your resume to George Tandy at George.Tandy@safelite.com
for quick consideration.
Find a career. Gain a family. We're known as an auto glass company. That's the focus of what we do. But beyond the glass, we're so much more. At our core, we're a People Powered organization -- our people come first and our culture matters. We'll help you build a fulfilling career and encourage you to have a life. Let us be the best place you'll ever work.
What You'll Get
- Competitive weekly pay: $15/hour during training; $17/hour after certification
- Bonus Eligibility: An average of $225/per week
- Paid time off, holidays, paid volunteer days, and a belief in work-life balance
- 401(k) plan with company matching to build your nest-egg
- Up to $5,250 annually in tuition reimbursement
- Paid training and all the tools and resources you'll need to be successful
- An actual marketplace to meet your health, wealth, life, and legal needs - https://www.safelitebenefits.com
What You'll Do
The Auto Glass Trainee is Safelite's entry point into the world of vehicle glass repair and replacement. This career-launching opportunity provides a formal, paid training program that teaches the fundamentals needed to complete basic unsupervised repairs and replacements to any candidate looking to build an entrepreneurial, hands-on career. Our technicians and repair specialists are Safelite's everyday heroes and their ability to bring unexpected happiness to their customers is what drives our business.
- Learn to repair and replace vehicle glass (in the classroom and hands on) with a focus on the Safelite Way of Fitting under the guidance of experienced technicians and Safelite leaders.
- Learn to recalibrate Advanced Driver Assistance Systems utilizing Safelite tools and processes.
- Consistently deliver customer delight through customer service trainings and role play scenarios.
- Demonstrate proficiency on Safelite's tools and technologies, including: True Seal®, Ezi-Wire™, Glass Table System (GTS), work order and customer administration systems, and Safelite's handheld Mobile Resource Management (MRM) technology.
- Safely and professionally operate a company fleet vehicle to and from customer locations throughout the workday.
- All other duties as assigned.
What You'll Need
- Education: High School Diploma/GED/Equivalent
- Certification / Licensure: Valid state-issued driver's license required
- The ability to operate a commercial vehicle, following all company safety and cleanliness policies/procedures and traffic laws, and maintain a safe driving record and valid license
- Flexibility with hours and days trained/worked, as workloads fluctuate due to frequent changes in customer and business demands
- Meet all physical requirement of the job, such as: lifting and carrying up to 75 lbs. for short periods of time, maintaining an adequate range of motion in the upper extremities, working at elevated heights, remaining on your feet for extended periods of time and working in extreme temperatures regularly.