Chemist II - #19529264
Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.
What You Will Achieve
As part of the Technical Operations team, you are recognized as a subject matter expert with specialized knowledge and skills in procedures, techniques, tools, materials and equipment. You will be entrusted with adapting standard methods and procedures by applying your knowledge, prior work experience and requirements. Your business awareness of cross-organizational impact on project delivery will elevate the quality of project deliverables. You will arrive at decisions on which methods and procedures are the best fit for different work situations. You will train others and reinforce behaviors that will help us achieve our goal of providing the best healthcare to our patients.
It is your hard work and focus that will help in making Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.
How You Will Achieve It
- Manage own time, professional development and be accountable for own results.
- Prioritize own workflow, allocate work to others and assist in establishing their priorities.
- Providing input for performance assessment of team members.
- Perform standard microbiological and bioassay tests for conformance to company and compendial specification.
- Maintain records of all analysis information of assigned products on data sheets for permanent file and proper entry of information on laboratory forms.
- Assist in preparing data for Quality Assurance audits and addressing and drafting responses depending on level and experience.
- Perform Quality Assurance analytical testing in the chemistry laboratory.
- Evaluate all data obtained from analysis, identify discrepancy or deviation, consult with Supervisor and recommend any additional testing.
- Perform standard qualitative and quantitative analysis on purchased raw materials, in-process products, pure drug substances, finished pharmaceutical preparations, stability samples, and contract manufacturing samples utilizing accepted procedures.
- Generate forms, labels, and other materials needed for formulation preparations as required.
- Ensures instruments are calibrated within specifications and function properly in accordance to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Provide training support to staff and oversee the day-to-day operations in the Laboratory in order to ensure team objectives are met.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biology, or related science field required.
- 6+ years of relevant laboratory experience required; 2+ years of experience with HPLC, UPLC, GC required.
- Competent knowledge and understanding of fundamental laboratory principles.
- Ability to understand and carry out assigned duties effectively.
- Ability to make decisions independently and see projects from planning to completion.
- Experience within the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Direct experience as a trainer.
Non-Standard Work Schedule, Travel, or Environment Requirements
- Position is first shift Monday through Friday. Some off hour (night/weekend/holiday) support may be required to support staff and operations.
Other Job Details:
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development