Maintenance Technician - #19529279
Cardinal Group Companies
POSITION: Maintenance Technician (Full-Time, Non-Exempt)
COMPENSATION: Hourly Rate, plus Benefits and Bonus eligibility
The Maintenance Technician is primarily responsible for protecting, maintaining, and enhancing the value of the community while also maximizing the living experience for residents and the community. This is accomplished by ensuring that all resident maintenance issues are resolved expertly and efficiently.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Including but not limited to)
- Maintains the facility and grounds based on community objectives.
- Follows practices for the safe operation, maintenance and repair of all facility equipment, including compliance with health, safety and OSHA programs, policies, procedures, reports.
- Responds to work orders in a timely manner, including after hours on-call maintenance requests. Participates in the on-call rotation with the rest of the Maintenance Team.
- Assists with the inspection of public areas and resident apartments to ensure proper maintenance and standards are achieved and sustained.
- Follows Cardinal Group, city, state, federal, and EPA air conditioning and refrigeration record keeping requirements and procedures are met as to the maintenance, service, repair, and disposal of air conditioning and refrigeration equipment and refrigerant.
- Follows health department, city, state, and federal procedures, practices and record keeping requirements applicable to pools and spas are followed to maintain proper water chemistry and sanitation.
- Keeps storage areas, tools, and equipment secure at all times.
- Participates in Cardinal U training as required.
- 3-5 years of relevant maintenance experience.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, attention to detail and basic maintenance skills.
- Working knowledge of pool service and maintenance required.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 75 lbs. and work 8-12 hour standing shifts.
- Must be able to work weekends and be available for on call emergencies.
- Ability to embody the Cardinal Culture and Cardinal Core Values every day.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Incumbents work both inside and outside of apartment buildings and in all areas of the property including amenities and have frequent exposure to outside elements where temperature, weather, odors, and/or landscape may be unpleasant and/or hazardous.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to use hands to finger, type, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The Team Member regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, and climb, stoop, or squat. Incumbents must be able to physically access all exterior and interior parts of the property and amenities and must be able to work inside and outside in all weather conditions including, but not limited to rain, snow, heat, hail, wind and sleet.
The Team Member must be able to push, pull, lift, carry, or maneuver weights of minimum seventy-five (75) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Rare or regular local travel may be required to assist properties as needed, attend training classes or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their Team Leader.