Clinic Office Assistant- Cardiology Clinic (Full-time; 8a-5p) - #19529297
The University of Kansas Hospital
Clinic Office Assistant- Cardiology Clinic (Full-time; 8a-5p)
Position Summary / Career Interest:
Performs basic clerical and receptionist duties by maintaining the physical environment of the area. Transcribes physician's orders, copies records, relays messages, prepares, compiles and maintains various records.
- Collects patient identification and demographics, HIPAA forms, insurance information, collects co-pay.
- Documents indicated signs/symptoms and consent for treatment.
- Completes and maintains registration process.
- Schedules appointments, tests and procedures.
- Maintains fax queue.
- Sends patient communication regarding appointments/tests/procedures.
- Receives/distributes mail, answers phones, screens and directs caller's retrieves records from storage; and maintains reception/waiting area.
- Prepares, maintains and files/scans records.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- BLS certification preferred or must complete within the first thirty days of employment.
- Additional certification may be required and specific information and the timeframe in which such certification must be attained will be provided by the department director/manager/supervisor at time of hire/transfer into department.
- Clerical experience and medical terminology.
HIPAA: This position will have access to the following Protected Health Information in order to carry out the duties related to their position at Hays Medical Center based on the following criteria:
Primary - required (routine) to do the job
Secondary - required for the job, but mostly be exception
None - no approved access
Description of Information Level
- Patient Demographic Information (information used to identify a person): Name, Date of Birth, Address, Race, Marital Status, Religion
Financial Information/Insurance (information related to insurance, billing and payment): Billing Information, Payer Name, Payer ID, Account Balances, Plan Elements Covered, Payment Information, Payment Rates
Clinical Information (information that describes a patient's health status): Diagnosis, Reports/Medical Notes, Test Results, Problem List, Procedures, History and Physical
- Coding Information (clinical information that is in (alpha) numeric format): ICD-9 Codes, Rev Codes, CPT Codes
Initial and Ongoing training in dealing with infection control. Training's could include but are not limited to, blood borne pathogens, bodily fluids and bio hazardous materials as it applies to your daily work environment.
Job Requisition ID:
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.