Account Services Representative - #19529303
You will start this role at home and then transition to working in our Woodbridge, NJ location when the office reopens.
This position's primary responsibility is to service, counsel and retain existing personal automobile, homeowners, umbrella and flood insurance policyholders.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain complete product knowledge of all three lines of business (Auto, Homeowner and Umbrella) and for all states across all regions (NJ, PA, MA, CT and NH).
- Accurately enter and update policy information into the various processing systems and handle phone inquiries regarding coverageand premiums.
- Deliver first call resolution and a low customer effort.
- Demonstrate high energy and motivation to follow up and take ownership.
- Maintain flexibility and demonstrate the ability to work under pressure.
- Meet and/or exceed the expectation of customers and agents, providing professional and efficient service at all times through positive interactions and extensive product knowledge.
- Quote and sell new personal lines products to prospective clients, up-sell and cross-sell existing clients via phone, internet and written request.
- Conduct periodic renewal reviews with policyholders and provide recommendations to address potential insurance gaps.
- Perform research and initiate changes/corrections to customer's policies according to established procedures and sound business judgment.
- Identify and resolve potential underwriting issues in new and existing business.
- Develop and foster Agent/Company Relationships.
- Update marketing and various management tracking reports as assigned.
- Engage in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Demonstrate willingness and ability to learn new functions within the Customer Solutions Center.
- Assist other departments when the need arises.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education
- Above average interpersonal, listening, communication, and organizational skills.
- Good analytical and decision making skills. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral,or diagram form.
- Intermediate MS Office skills required. Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity,word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and possess the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must achieve and maintain published call and transaction quality processing standards.
- Must be able to handle a high volume of in-bound and out-bound calls within time standards while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Excellent written and telephone skills required; clear enunciation and oral communication skills required.
- Strong attention to detail required.
- The ability to work full-time flexible or changing schedules is a critical aspect of this department.
- Hours of operation are 8:00 am-7:00 pm Monday-Friday.
- Superior attendance record required.
- Spanish-language fluency a plus.
- Sales-related experience a plus.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university; or two to three years related Personal Lines experience and/or training;or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- NJ Property and Casualty license preferred. If not currently licensed, candidate must receive license within 60 days of hire.
About the Company
The Plymouth Rock Company and its affiliated group of companies write and manage over $1.4 billion in personal and commercial auto and homeowner's insurance throughout the Northeast and mid-Atlantic, where we have built an unparalleled reputation for service. We continuously invest in technology, our employees thrive in our empowering environment, and our customers are among the most loyal in the industry. The Plymouth Rock group of companies employs more than 1,800 people and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation holds an A.M. Best rating of "A-/Excellent".