Member Service Representative I - #19529318
Connex Credit Union
The primary function of the position is to serve as a front line member service representative in our branches. The position will facilitate all of our members with their daily transactions as well as look for opportunities to improve a members financial life utilizing Connexs products and services. The position must consistently meet referral goals consisting of both Connex products and member credit report reviews. Member service representatives must be courteous, personable, and accurate while doing transactions for our members, whether it be face to face or via one of our Personal Teller Machines. In addition, the position is responsible for maintaining a professional and efficient branch, with responsibilities including but not limited to: following all security protocols, balancing personal cashboxes and fostering a positive work environment with fellow staff. Connex has a right to transfer you to other locations to perform the same or other duties, if Connex believes such a transfer is in its best interest. This transfer may be temporary or permanent and you will be notified in advance if that is to occur, except for temporary, emergent transfers to cover due to shortage or other problem.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Maintains a balanced personal cash drawer and balanced vault in absence of Service Coordinator
- Maintains an excellent knowledge of products and services in order to make proper recommendations and referrals to members
- Delivers superior quality service while adhering to corporate, regulatory and audit guidelines
- Utilizes problem solving skills and thinks independently to resolve member issues
- Meets goals consistently and contributes to the fulfillment of all Connex Credit Union goals.
- Projects a professional and friendly image at all times including a positive attitude, composure and a clear, energetic and welcoming speaking voice.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school diploma required
- No experience required
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of member information
- Ability to work collaboratively within the branch environment
- Strong communication and sales skills
- High degree of responsibility and integrity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Continued education through selected training courses
- Flexible about work hours and shifts to accommodate business and member needs.