Teller Supervisor - Higginsville, MO - #19529323
Position: Teller Supervisor
Location: Higginsville, MO
Status: FT Hourly
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Coordinate Retail Branch Teller Team & Functions
- Assist in the administration, coordination and supervision of the daily work and schedule of teller staff as delegated by a manager.
- Perform teller duties as needed and process customer transactions. Approve transactions for other employees within your assigned authority limit.
- Train or mentor new tellers. Provide ongoing training and support to other tellers.
- May make recommendations or provide input regarding employee hiring, performance review, promotion and discipline.
- Assist in management of branch cash levels as delegated by a manager.
- Sell or Refer Bank Products and Services
- Proactively match bank deposit and loan products, as well as all services, to customer needs. Sell, open, refer or facilitate new accounts, credit applications and new services.
- Expand existing customer relationships.
- Market bank products and services, both within and outside of the branch.
- Proactively make referrals to other business lines that result in additional revenue to the bank.
- Demonstrate operational soundness to minimize risk exposure or loss and maintain quality production.
- Adhere to and assist with implementation of bank and/or retail operating procedures and protocols.
- Deliver Superior Customer Service and Customer Experience
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Behave in a manner to create a welcoming, engaging, professional environment for customers to experience.
- Proactively resolve customer issues or disputes in absence of or as directed by Branch Manager.
- Respond to routine customer inquiries and requests. Transition service opportunities into sales or referral interactions.
- Assist with branch opening and/or closing as directed.
- Demonstrate Compliance with Applicable Laws and Regulations
- Understand and follow applicable laws and regulations for your job responsibilities, including but not limited to Equity Bank Business Ethics and Conduct policy, Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, Information Security, Suspicious Activity Reporting requirements, policies and procedures.
- Follow deposit account opening procedures and internal suspicious activity referral requirements and processes, as appropriate for this position.
- Actively work with customers to understand each customer's normal account activity, as appropriate for this position.
- Complete periodic compliance training.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Required Skills & Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1-2 years previous banking experience required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional manner. Ability to lead a team
- Computer skills to include the ability to work in Windows based systems
- Aptitude for mathematics
- Ability to travel to Wichita, KS for training during first week of employment
The above statements are intended to generally describe the nature and level of work to be performed by most people assigned to this job. It is not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and requirements.
This position requires standing, walking, bending, and squatting on a regular basis. May require the ability to stoop, kneel, crouch or reach with hands and arms. Requires the ability to carry, lift, move or push up to 25 pounds on an occasional basis. Must be able to talk and listen to others.
This position regularly works in an office setting. Most of the job duties require the employee to be working with computers and electronic media on a regular basis.
Equity Bank is an equal opportunity employer and will not make employment decisions based on an applicant's race or skin color, national origin or ethnicity, religious beliefs, age, sex, physical or mental ability.