Intermediate Process Engineer - Tucson - #19529324
Ausenco is a global company redefining what's possible. Our team is based across 26 offices in 14 countries, with projects in over 80 locations worldwide. Combining our deep technical expertise with a 30-year track record, we deliver innovative, value-add consulting studies, project delivery, asset operations and maintenance solutions to the mining & metals, oil & gas, and industrial sectors.
We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic Intermediate Mechanical Engineer to be based in our Tucson office. The successful candidate will be working on Mining and Mineral Processing projects and some travel will be required. Someone with a Copper SXEW and Heap Leach background with experience in studies, construction, commissioning and operations will be well suited for this role.
About the Role:
- Provide expertise through engineering phases from conceptual design, front-end engineering and detailed design.
- Deliver engineering in line with project requirements and Ausenco's engineering standards.
- Interpret metallurgical test work results
- Develop process flow sheets
- Lead a small process engineering project team
- Lead or prepare Process Design Criteria
- Lead or prepare process calculations, PFDs, Heat & Material balances and P&IDs.
- Size process equipment and develop specifications
- Preparing metallurgical simulations
- Bachelor's degree in Mineral Processing, Extractive Metallurgy or Chemical Engineering
- PE registration in Arizona preferred
- A minimum of 6 years' experience in mineral processing; gold or copper processing preferred
- Experience with metallurgical simulation software such as MetSim, JKSimMet and/or Bruno
- Some operational experience in a mineral processing plant would be preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Good communication skills with well-developed written and oral skills
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
Working for Ausenco means you won't settle for the status quo – you'll be part of a forward-thinking, culturally diverse organisation. We expect our people to deliver outstanding results and will give you the licence to find a better way forward for your clients and stakeholders.
In addition to a competitive remuneration package, we provide employees with a wide range of growth opportunities and training programs to build your skills and pursue your career path.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce: As a global company we embrace and encourage diversity in its fullest sense – gender, age, experience, nationality, colour, language, religion, location, disability, education, skills, working styles and time availability. Our work environments are based on mutual trust and respect for the rights and opportunities of every individual.
COVID-19: The healthy and safety of our employees and candidates is our first priority. We closely monitor local, regional, and global conditions related to the pandemic, and your working location and/or roster as advertised in this advert may be temporarily subject to change to adhere to recommendations by health authorities and government regulations.
If this role sounds like you, please submit a detailed application directly to this posting. We thank you for your submission and will contact you if we need further information, or if we wish to progress to interview.