3M HIS Help Desk Support Specialist - #19529362
Help Desk Support Specialist
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it's equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
"At 3M, we want to make sure that everyone, from all walks of life, know they can share their opinions, they're heard, and change is made based on their input." – Ann Anaya, chief diversity officer at 3M"
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You'll Make in this Role
The Help Desk Support Specialist provides phone and remote support for technical issues with 3M/MModal proprietary platforms and products in an inbound call-center type environment. The Support Specialist works directly with both, MModal internal and external customers to resolve issues encountered. Problems include (but are not limited to) server/network issues, hardware issues, MModal software issues on end user hardware as well as the web based modules. 90% or more of issues will revolve around MModal proprietary software.
As a Help Desk Support Specialist, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Serving as the first point of contact for customers needing technical assistance with the 3M/M*Modal suite of products.
- Provide level 1 support to customers
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level support teams.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Determining the best solutions based on issues and details provided by customer
- Supporting a large customer base in the HIS arena
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M requires (at a minimum) the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start)from an accredited university OR High School Diploma/GED or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution and a minimum of four (4) years of experience in Technical Support in lieu of the bachelor's degree education requirement
- One (1) years of technical skillset and experience troubleshooting issues remotely.
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- A+/Net+, BS/BA in IT, Computer Science, or relevant field preferred
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and Office suite of products
- Experience Ability to walk customers thru troubleshooting steps/processes
- Ability to work flexible shifts.
- Exposure to Healthcare Support/IT.
Travel: Some travel may be required
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.