Software Developer Engineer II - #19529364
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Developer Engineer II
Within Mastercard, the Data & Services group builds applications that harness the power of our real-time, anonymized, and aggregated transaction data to provide our customers with actionable insights and empower them to make data-driven decisions.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer II to join our Data Platform Team, part of a group of engineering teams within Mastercard Data & Services that aims to provide common, high-performance, and easy-to-use solutions for cross-cutting concerns. We work closely with market-facing product engineering teams to help them take maximum advantage of these capabilities and to evolve our platform to meet their needs and the needs of our customers.
As a member of the Data Platform Team, you will help build the data flow orchestration platform that underlies the suite of applications our market-facing product engineering teams develop.
The data platform is an integrated technology solution that allows to be governed, accessed, and delivered to users, data applications, or other technologies for strategic business purposes. It has integrations with various data sources and sinks, and provides consumers with libraries and tooling to automate their ETL workflows via a one-stop shop web-based interface. Hundreds of internal consultants and data engineers use the platform daily.
- Build common libraries, infrastructure, and APIs used by other developers, data engineers, and others within the organization to enable rapid configuration products and orchestrate data processing for data analysis
- Automate existing extract, transform, and load (ETL) processes enabling customers to access their most current data
- Continuously innovate. We're constantly on the hunt for new technologies and approaches for efficiently processing extremely large data sets
- Collaborate with team lead and stakeholders to bring a perspective to roadmap and business decisions to drive valuable improvements to the capabilities of our existing solutions
- Bring a focus on high-quality code and development best practices
All about you
- Excitement about operating within and contributing to a collaborative, inclusive, and fun workplace culture
- Solid technical foundation in application development
- Experience contributing to the development of complex applications
- Desire to innovate and leverage new technology
- Passion for analytical/quantitative problem solving
- Motivation, creativity, self-direction, and desire to thrive on small project teams
- Superior academic record with a degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Strong communication skills
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.