Assistant Business Office Manager - #19529374
Americare Senior Living
For over 30 years, Americare has extended care to senior generations in America's heartland. We pride ourselves on being resident focuses, encouraging employee to make smart, responsible decisions that are in the best interest of individual residents.
Why belong with our Americare team?
Every employee company-wide is a valued part of the organization, dedicated to their commitment and passion of creating a person centered home environment for each resident- truly making a difference in the lives they touch.
Each individual facility is a vibrant part of the communities they serve. While our resident benefit from industry leading care, our employees are offered competitive compensation, comprehensive benefit packages, flexible scheduling, free meals and a place they can belong.
We offer comprehensive and competitive medical and dental benefits. Our medical plans offer preventive care services, covered prescription drug benefits, and large network of doctors and hospitals to help you and your family improve or maintain your health.
Our culture supports team members wherever they are on their health and well-being journey. We offer tools and resources such as Employee Assistance Program and Employee Relief Fund.
Paid Time Off
The flexibility of Paid Time Off(PTO) lets you set your own priorities. Use PTO for any number of your life events.
We encourage you to continue your professional development. Americare will reimburse you for eligible tuition for approved courses.
Assistant Business Office Manager
Our Assistant Business Office Manager will help Coordinates activities of clerical personnel in establishment or organization: analyses and organized office operations and procedures, such as typing, bookkeeping, preparation of payrolls, flow of correspondence, filing, requisition of supplies, and other clerical services. Evaluates office production, revises procedures, or devises new forms to improve efficiency of workflow. You may also be responsible for Establishing uniform correspondence procedures and style practices. Formulates procedures for systematic retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records. Plans office duties and assignment. Reviews clerical and personnel records to ensure completeness, accuracy, and timeliness. Prepares activities reports for guidance of management, using computer. Prepares employee benefit and insurance programs, using computer.
Coordinates activities of various clerical departments or workers within department. May assist with budget and monthly financial reports. May hire, train, and supervise clerical staff. May compile, store and retrieve managerial data using computer. Supervision of business office and reception areas.
Organize, develop, and maintain business systems in accordance with health projects standards.
You will report directly to the Business Office Manager and assist in any and all duties that are assigned to this office.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Pay bills: Collect invoices and statements to be paid. Make sure that all invoices match the statements. Write checks, code and return to the administrator for approval and signature and return to bookkeeping department. Split checks according to procedure and send out.
- Keep check register up to date on Journal Packet. Including emailing the home office for money into this account. Check with your bank to make sure the deposit has been received before you send out the payments.
- Keep all filing up to date. Keep all vendors files current.
- Keep all resident business office files current with information specified on the front of resident chart.
- Keep all cash receipts posted on Point Click Care.
- Keep Personal Care Billing current.
- Answer the facility phone when administrator or director of nursing is not available.
- Complete Payroll Performance report currently.
- Make deposits into the bank account. Email home office completed information.
- Any correspondence as requested by the administrator or the director of nursing.
- Follow up on accounts receivable.
- Knowledge of office procedures, computer skills, fax, copier and calculator.
- Maintain a complete and systematic set of records of all facility financial conditions.
- Complete employee files assuming responsibility for following proper procedure regarding personnel files.
- Billing Medicaid or Medicare for resident care.
- Keep census up to date.
- Assist the BOM with any functions or assigned task as needed.
This job operates in a professional office or home office environment depending on location. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Operate a car for required travel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
As well as meet all physical requirements of the position as identified by the facility policies and procedures related to functional job analysis. These are available at each specific community.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours can vary and will be dependent on staff coverage on any given day.
Some travel may be requested from time to time by your superiors.
- High school graduate and minimum age of 18 years of age Licenses/Certifications:
Americare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Americare does not discriminate in employment opportunities, decisions or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, genetics, national origin, age, mental or physical handicap or disability, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by law (may also be called "protected class"). In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Americare will be based upon merit, qualifications and abilities. Americare will also make reasonable accommodations for qualified
individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Americare. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, job assignment, training, promotion, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Americare Senior Living is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug-free workplace.
This job description has been approved by all levels of management. Employee signature below constitutes employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.
We offer employees access to wages on demand
Americare has earned both the 2020 Customer Approved and Employee Approved awards from Lincoln, Nebraska–based healthcare-intelligence firm NRC Health!
- Access to Wages on Demand - Get Paid Before Payday!
- Free Meals During Shifts
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off