Business Systems Analyst- IT SOX Controls - #19529381
The Ferguson IT Back End Technology group is looking to add a Business Systems Analyst- IT SOX Controls to the team. The IT SOX Controls BSA will participate in IT GRC team efforts to plan, design, implement and maintain IT Governance, Risk & Compliance initiatives and their supporting elements, these include, but are not limited to: Scoping of relevant business entities, systems, & processes. The Business Systems Analyst is the liaison between the Ferguson business groups/departments and the Information Technology department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead business and IT teams in the analysis, design, development, and implementation (set-up, testing, support, training and enhancements) of Oracle Fusion controls.
- Provide continuous enhancement and support of Oracle Fusion environment for business and IT stakeholders, developing solutions based on business requirements and leveraging standard or customized functionality.
- Analyze and recommend operational and business workflow changes to management in order to strengthen the control environment/security posture for the Oracle Fusion environment.
- Participates in IT GRC team efforts to plan, design, implement and maintain IT Governance, Risk & Compliance initiatives and their supporting elements, these include, but are not limited to: Scoping of relevant business entities, systems, & processes.
- Alignment and coordination with Financial Controls, Internal Audit teams as appropriate.
- Coordination with and support of External Audit partners in the planning, execution of, and reporting on annual external testing of Internal (IT General) Controls over Financial Reporting.
- Coordination of remediation plans and progress for all identified IT Control deficiencies.
- Responsible for analyzing business needs to identify use cases, and if necessary new processes, process improvements that will meet those needs.
- Responsible for elicitation, analysis and documentation of business and user requirements.
- Analyze detailed system factors including input/output requirements, information and process flow, data, integration, controls, security, hardware and software needs.
- Provide initial analysis on business impact factors including: roles, responsibilities, policy, culture, etc, working with business process team and organizational change management.
- Lead the prioritization and sizing of business requirements leveraging the MoSCoW (Must Have, Should Have, Could Have, Won't Have) approach.
- Evaluate the impact of potential software and process changes on the organization.
- Create business case documentation on behalf of the Product Manager and/or the business stakeholders.
- Configure small to medium size MoSCoW items using out of the box capabilities.
- Create configuration runbooks to support deployments across the environments.
- Modify application configurations from detailed specifications.
- Write test scripts and use cases.
- May act as a project manager for small internal projects.
- Perform unit testing and functional testing for configurations.
- Review design documents for project requirements/user stories.
- Conducts system demonstrations, training sessions, as well as participate in design/review of training content.
- Plays a third level support role by helping to troubleshoot and resolve issues with production systems.
- Effective in a variety of formal/informal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large group.
- Provide mentorship to junior level associates.
- Participates in associate meetings and communicates concerns to management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Related or Business Related field is required to perform at expectation.
- Business Analysis experience can be substituted for education
- Minimum of 7 years Ferguson business and software domain knowledge is preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years business analysis experience is typically required.
- Detail oriented, proactive, creative, efficient, and an active listener with the ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Intermediate level abilities in Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio and Word
- Ability to work on simultaneous projects, show expertise in one business domain.
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences in written and non-written format.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a very dynamic environment.
- Ability to learn new systems and tools.
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle methodologies, processes and procedures.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a project team responsible for providing technical guidance concerning the business implications of the application of various systems.
- Proficient in a variety of formal/informal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large group.
- Ability to effectively analyze and provide technical consulting on complex projects.
- The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.