Senior Manager, Business Development - #19529382
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Senior Manager, Business Development for the Food Innovation Center. The primary function of the Senior Manager, Business Development, is to conduct business development and lead generation activities to build and develop robust pipeline of growth stage, innovative, and disruptive food and beverage businesses that will benefit from utilization of the services available at the Food Innovation Center at Rutgers University. The Manager will be responsible for maximizing sales and meet our customer acquisition and revenue growth targets. This position is consistent and critical to achieving the mission, vision, and success of the Food Innovation Center at Rutgers University.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Responsible for the design of sales plans, development and management of business and technical mentoring, sensory evaluation and facility usage projects.
- Acts as a client liaison for the Center.
- Interacts with and travel to other locations at Rutgers University and various state, county, and local agencies and offices throughout New Jersey.
- Assists with the business development needs of small to medium sized food companies in South Jersey as well as agricultural producers who wish to expand into value-added processing of commodities.
- Serves as the point of first contact with most clients, and must professionally respond to their needs and represent the Center.
- Works in a team environment with all employees and other resources utilized by the Food Innovation Center.