Line Cook - Walkers Exchange - #19529389
The Galt House Hotel
The Galt House Hotel - A legendary destination among hotels in the city.
As Louisvilles only waterfront hotel, the Galt House Hotel is quite simply the best place to find a unique and authentic experience in our exciting city. Sip some bourbon while taking in spectacular views of the Ohio River. We are just a shot away from Whiskey Row, where you immerse yourself in the history of Kentuckys native spirit. Explore world-renowned cultural encounters at nearby Museum Row, featuring icons such as Muhammad Ali and Louisville Slugger. Delight your palette with mouthwatering culinary tastings in our top-rated restaurant scene. The Galt House Hotel, the Heart of Louisville, is in the center of it all.
The Galt House Hotel is the place to meet for a totally self-contained meeting or event, priding ourselves on a warm, friendly atmosphere and sincerity of our service. Located in the heart of Louisville, we are within driving distance from half the US population and just 10 minutes from the airport. We offer six restaurants and lounges; 130,000 square feet of meeting space; 53 meeting rooms; over 1,300 guest rooms; the citys best fitness center; and six retail outlets.
The Company is currently hiring Line Cooks for our new restaurant, Walker's Exchange, which will be located in the old Fountain Room Space adjacent to The Belvedere overlooking the Ohio River at The Galt House Hotel. We are seeking a career minded cooks, who have an engaging personality, the ability to work well on a team, ability to remain level headed and even tempered in busy situations, ability to be creative and someone who is trustworthy and organized.
- Primary responsibilities will include cooking to order, frying, sauteing and broiling a variety of food items from the menu. Must be able to work hot food line, broiler, fry station and salad station.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- 3-5 years cooking experience in a table service dining environment.
- Must have working knowledge established sanitation standards.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds or more.
- Must have the ability to perform duties in a stressful and fast paced fine dining environment.
- Knowledge in creating specials and new menu items would be a plus but not required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Galt House Hotel offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, 401k, a complimentary meal in associate cafeteria, complimentary parking, a discounted monthly TARC bus pass and more.
The Galt House Hotel is a Drug Free Workplace, creating a culture of care where diversity is welcomed.