Lead Smart Building Consultant - #19529392
WSP, an award‑winning and innovative multi‑disciplinary engineering consulting firm, is looking for a Smart Building Lead Consultant within the Building Technology Systems group for our Boulder, Colorado office. WSP works closely with owners and architects from around the world on large, complex projects with a focus on sustainability and operational efficiency of the built environment.
About the Job
Our Engineers work on high quality, high-profile, national and international projects. You will actively participate in the full project cycle, from the design phase, through the final construction close-out and post occupancy. WSP offers excellent growth opportunities: Many of our senior leaders started out as young engineers in our firm.
- Act as key client point of contact responsible for creating and delivering the value message for potential and existing Smart Building/District/City clients.
- Lead and support large Smart Building/District/City type pursuits, creating pursuit materials inclusive of project approach, scope and fees
- Participation in development of deliverables for smart building projects including evaluation of client key performance indicators, integrated automation product research, information flow diagram development, and controls system integration.
- Provide Integrated Automation designs for facility related control systems (BMS, Energy Metering, Occupancy and Space utilization sensoring etc.).
- Research and validate technical capabilities of potential smart building technologies (facility control systems, building analytic platforms, energy consumption and sustainability reporting tools, computational modeling etc.) applicable for client projects.
- Research and design data collection, data exchange and data querying methodologies as part of Integrated Automation design projects.
- Coordinate technical design solutions with client stakeholders, design teams, vendors.
- Investigate connections and analytic methodologies between energy efficiency, real estate utilization and occupant experience driving business efficiency and revenue opportunities.
- Create construction and systems implementation documents (Drawings and CSI Specifications).
- Attend and participate in project and client meetings.
- Lead and support internal education for WSP staff around Smart Building/District/City advisory services
- Support managing/testing/validating the vendor solutions in the WSP Living lab
- Participate in driving the WSP Smart advisory services at external Industry events and media campaigns.
- Master's degree or PhD in Building Systems Engineering required.
- Minimum 8-10 years' experience in Building Control Systems integration with a keen interest or relevant Smart Building industry experience required.
- Experience in innovative design and the interdependencies between sustainability, MEP systems, and technology systems is preferred.
- Prior experience in post occupancy monitoring based commissioning using data analytics platform as tool for improving building efficiencies.
- Knowledge of digital communication technologies, databases, and facility control systems for smart buildings is preferred.
- Resourceful self-starter with the ability to work productively on multiple projects, simultaneously, and under strict deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability to organize and present design information to clients.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office software applications.
- Revit design software experience is a plus, but not required.
- Prior experience in HVAC design, energy modeling, and energy code compliance for a variety of commercial building and mechanical/electrical system types, green building certification (e.g. LEED, EGC), and onsite energy auditing is a plus.
- Prior experience with software coding, data analytics and data visualization software platforms are a huge plus.
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee's career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA Inc., WSP USA Buildings Inc., and WSP USA Services Inc. (collectively "WSP USA") is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status
WSP USA Inc., WSP USA Buildings Inc., and WSP USA Services Inc. (collectively "WSP USA") is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status
Login to Apply User ID: Password:
Other Options Create an account
Return to search results
- Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart