General Technician, 4th Shift, Cell 301 - #19529416
ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.1 billion in 2019. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW’s approximately 45,000 dedicated colleagues around the world thrive in the company’s decentralized and entrepreneurial culture. www.itw.com.
ITW Deltar Fasteners serves all the major OEMs and their tier suppliers with plastic fasteners totaling approximately $260M in revenues. Units include: Frankfort, IL; Chippewa Falls, WI and our Commercial Sales and Engineering in Troy, MI.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Deltar Fasteners enhance our customers’ competitive advantage by…
- Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in NA.
- Exchanging product, process and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide.
- Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value
The General Technician – Deltar Fasteners reports to the Manufacturing Cell Leader/Supervisor – Deltar Fasteners. The major areas of responsibility are: Maintaining production and quality demands.
Location: Chippewa Falls, Bldg. B
Shift: Fourth Shift 7:00pm - 7:15am Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and every other Saturday
Pay Starting at $15.00/hour + 10% Night Shift Premium
- Operate 14-15 injection molding machines for production cell on 12-hour shift – walking/standing/squatting – 98% required
- Operate auxiliary equipment
- Inspect product as per work instructions
- Label and package product in compliance with work instructions and customer requirements
- Other tasks and duties as assigned, may include ladder climbing – 5% required
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to lift up to 55 lbs. – 50% required
- Good Housekeeping – 5S
- Ability to read and understand written procedures and instructions
- Solid work record
- Attention to detail, along with good visual skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong communications skills both verbal and written
- Basic computer skills
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.