Financial Analyst - #19529419
Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies and conducts business worldwide. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way-by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. We are involved in virtually every facet of the energy industry. We explore for, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute transportation fuels and lubricants; manufacture and sell petrochemical products and generate power. Chevron is headquartered in San Ramon, California. More information about Chevron is available at www.chevron.com.
Chevron Financial Analyst
This is a decision support role within the newly formed Technical Center. Main responsibility of this role will be the direct support of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and associated leadership team with providing financial and operational reports and analysis. This includes cost-benefit analysis, financial analysis and forecasting in addition to working on special projects. Given that the Technical Center is a new organization there is expectation for all roles to be actively engaged in continued process improvements and simplification across the organization. The role will partner with other Financial Shared Services (FSS) groups to deliver superior finance support and analysis to the Technical Center leadership team and within the Chevron Technical Center (CTC) Finance and Planning group. This role will be central in supporting the financial aspects of the Digital Platform concept and associated complexities. In addition, this role will be a key enabler to efficient execution of the billing model related to Global IT services.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position through 01/31/2021 at 11:59p.m. (CST).
Positions are located in Houston, TX or at Chevron's headquarters in San Ramon, CA.
Interest in future Chevron assignments as part of the broader Finance Function (e.g. Controller's, Treasury, Finance Shared Services) and/or embedded positions within Upstream, Midstream, Downstream and other support functions.
Chevron's Finance organization looks for career-minded individuals with technical and leadership potential. The company has a strong emphasis on continuous learning and development - enabling their employees to have successful and challenging careers. We believe that you drive your career. The company rewards strong performance by providing accounting and finance professionals with advancement opportunities across the corporation.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Drive good decision making through financial analysis and insights
- Partner with the function to identify and implement cost reduction initiatives
- Identify and track value drivers and make recommendations for improvement
- Improve financial fluency and acumen within the organization
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- 2+ years of relevant experience in Finance/Accounting
- Extensive data analytics experience
- Corporate Finance/Accounting, Public Accounting or Advisory experience
- Practicing knowledge of Accounting policies/procedures (including US GAAP, general accounting, revenue recovery, inventory accounting, property accounting, fixed assets, tax accounting and affiliate accounting)
- Demonstrated experience with accounting software (SAP) and Microsoft Office 365, including intermediate and advanced Excel, PowerApps and Power BI. Demonstrated aptitude to quickly learn new tools & system functionality
- Ability to analyze financial information, uncover variance drivers, provide thoughtful and insightful analysis and recommend or determine a course of action. Ability to relate financial results to operational events and applicable business models
- Strong commitment to maintaining collaborative and cross-functional working relationships with internal partners and external customers
- Ability to handle multiple job responsibilities, set priorities, maintain a high level of accomplishment, and implement process improvements. Ability to handle and/or lead projects and influence others to achieve objectives. Ability to monitor progress and take corrective action if needed to ensure successful and timely delivery or objectives
- Ability to listen carefully and to use clear, concise oral and written skills to convey facts, present positions and interpret policies. Ability to effectively interact with colleagues and management, providing clear, logical recommendations in a concise manner to stakeholders
- Experience with internal controls practices and compliance topics such as Sarbanes-Oxley testing
- Experience in leveraging emerging technologies to enhance business processes
Relocation will be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.