CNC Machinist I - #19529423
Tiffany & Co.
SEEKING TOP TALENT TO CONNECT WITH OUR ICONIC BRAND
Tiffany & Co. is one of the most legendary brands in the world today. With a history that spans back to 1837, Tiffany & Co is a jeweler and specialty retailer, whose merchandise offerings include an extensive selection of jewelry, as well as timepieces, sterling silverware, china, crystal, stationery, fragrances and accessories. Tiffany & Co. operates a manufacturing facility in Cumberland, RI where jewelry products unique to our company are crafted by a diverse workforce.
Tiffany offers our employees the resources they need to be successful in an environment that recognizes and rewards creativity, innovation and dedication. We take great pride in helping each of our employees design an exciting future within our enduring tradition of excellence. At Tiffany & Co. an inspired career is life's best accessory.
- Proficient in the set-up, use and basic maintenance of CNC and manual milling and/or turning machines. This includes interacting with all aspects of a machine's controls and operating software; monitoring wear conditions on all cutting tools and determining replacement frequency
- Trouble shooting and repairing equipment when not working properly in addition to identifying root causes of problems and resolving without supervision
- Ability to follow written instructions, load programs, position work pieces, attach tools, check coolants and lubricants
- Ability to maintain downtime log of machines on daily basis
- Ability to maintain work order integrity. Ability to communicate with internal customers (planning, materials department, engineering, quality assurance and other manufacturing departments within the company).
- Ability to work on secondary machine types like general drill press, press work, milling, threading, broaching, slotting, special machines, deburring, parts cleaning, chips or material
- Ability to inspect raw materials and finished parts to the required specification
- Complies with lean standards of manufacturing
- 5+ years of machining experience on CNC equipment operating and maintenance
- Good communication skills in English, including the ability to read, write and comprehend
- Ability to select tools and materials for the job and plan the sequence of cutting and finishing operations
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and work instructions
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work with limited supervision in a high volume, fast-paced environment
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work daily and weekend overtime as scheduled
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Programming and technical certifications a plus