Clinical Documentation Specialist - #19529424
We Are Hiring
Clinical Documentation Specialist - Full-Time Day- Remote Position!
Are you a problem solver? Are you good with communicating with providers? Are you able to work independently? Do you have great organizational skills? Are you interested in quality care? Join our dynamic team that strives for excellence in documentation to be sure our patient's bills are accurate at the time of discharge. We work closely with our providers to be sure their documentation is reflective of the level of care they are providing to their patients. We also work closely with the coding department to be sure the patient bill reflects the level of care provided.
We have a flexible Monday through Friday work schedule
What You Will Do
Facilitate improvement in overall quality, completeness and accuracy of medical record documentation.
- Complete admission reviews and assigns a working Diagnosis Related Group. Ensures the working DRG and other information are entered in the Clinical Documentation Improvement database.
- Initiate and maintain extensive interactions with physicians and mid-level providers to address the need for more detailed information in the medical record.
- Collaborate with healthcare professionals to ensure the severity of illness and level of services provided are accurately reflected in the medical record and to resolve physician queries and documentation issues prior to patient's discharge.
- Maintain accurate records of review activities, ensuring reports and outcomes of CDI efforts are valid.
What You Will Need
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- One or more of the following required:
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) credentialed from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Reg Health Info Admnstr credentialed from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Reg Health Info Tech credentialed from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) credentialed from the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Clinical Documentation Prof. credentialed from the Association of Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Licensure from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing OR current home state license if considered multi-state/Compact State.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 3 years of experience preferred.
Why Join Our Team
For over 170 years, Ascension Wisconsin has been providing rewarding career opportunities at 20 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Nearly 20,000 Ascension Wisconsin associates currently serve in four locations throughout Wisconsin — Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare, Ministry Healthcare, Columbia St. Mary's, and Affinity Healthcare. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities, and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care – including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.