Scientist - #19529435
Infotree Service Inc
Job Title: Scientist
Work Location: Tempe, Arizona 85284
Contract Position: 10 months
The Scientist role is within the Genetic Science Division (GSD) and Laboratory Products Division (LPD) which unites deep scientific expertise, a collaborative culture and rich resources to deliver the lab equipment and consumables that our customers need to achieve their scientific goals – quickly, reliably and safely. This position resides in Tempe, AZ.
How will you make an impact?
- The scientist will be responsible for providing their expertise in quantitative polymerase chain reaction (qPCR) and working with the qPCR R&D team to define, test, and validate product requirements and specifications associated with instrumentation utilized in qPCR and qPCR preparation. The individual is expected to perform tasks independently, while fostering team collaboration between colleagues.
What will you do?
- Consult with R&D team by providing voice-of-customer and subject matter expert feedback
- Define, test, and validate product requirements and specifications
- Improve existing products, related processes and technologies
- Design and execute protocols
- Analyze data, record observations and generate reports based on findings.
- Analyze failure, provide corrective and preventive action to respond to non-conformance.
- Communicate effectively with other functional teams and interact effectively in a cross-functional setting.
How will you get here?
- Minimum qualification of a bachelor’s degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering or related field. Master’s or PhD in these fields, preferred.
Preferable skills and attributes:
- Intimate knowledge of designing and developing experiments utilizing qPCR is highly desirable
- Demonstrated highly proficient skills in preparation for and running qPCR
- Experience with technical data analysis software and genome/transcriptome databases
- Experience in planning and executing molecular biology experiments with minimal supervision
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Technologically savvy, fast learner, and strong skills at the lab bench
- Intrinsically motivated, accountable and committed to professional development
- Knowledge of ISO 13845 and GMP standards is highly desirable
- Ability to work under time pressure
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
Good writing and oral presentation skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.