Research Scientist Cell Therapy - #19529445
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
MilliporeSigma in Bedford, MA is seeking a Research Scientist to join their Novel Modalities franchise. This Research Scientist position will support efforts leading to the development of novel technologies and reagents for cell therapy manufacturing. This hands-on position will provide cell culture expertise supporting product development and process development services with customers. The successful candidate will play an important role as an integral part of a dynamic and highly matrixed team in MilliporeSigma's Cell Therapy Bioprocessing group.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in Cell Biology, Biology or related Science discipline with 3+ years' experience in bioreactor process development for mammalian cell types or Master's degree in Cell Biology or related Science discipline
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Cell Biology or related field with 5+ years relevant industrial experience.
- Background in general cell culture techniques and comprehensive knowledge of various mammalian cell types including stem and T cells.
- Demonstrated experience with operation and process optimization of bioreactors for mammalian cell culture.
- Solid experience and theoretical knowledge of different analysis techniques including microscopy, flow cytometry analysis, immunoassays and qPCR.
- Experience with designing, executing and troubleshooting new protocols and assays.
- Knowledge of process optimization methods such as Design of Experiments (DOE).
- The ability to work safely and efficiently in the lab, plan schedules and arrange own activities to accomplish objectives with short deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.