(USA) Senior Manager II, Controllership - #19529447
What you'll do...
Walmart US Segment-specific internal controls and compliance role, responsible for overseeing risk and segment compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, advising stakeholders on design of controls for new business and technology initiatives and existing processes.Team owns communication with external and internal auditors on internal control matters and responsible for identifying key risks and alerting leadership to them as well as developing and implementing remedial plans. Team is a key stakeholder and contributor to segment controllership, finance, and business partners, focused on Company's internal control objectives and execution of internal controls program.
- Leads the process of defining the risk assessment, control objectives, implementing controls and monitoring ongoing compliance efforts
- Evaluates and reviews the significance of audit findings, recommendations and corrective actions with control owners and process owners. Oversees the disposition of remedial actions and communicates results to Management, ensures that corrective actions have been effectively implemented or that Senior Management has accepted the risk of not taking such corrective action.
- Identifies areas of potential improvement for key processes and key controls with the focus on risk mitigation and efficiency
- Manages accounting operations by researching emerging trends and standards of external governing bodies; utilizing knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and financial reporting standards to perform financial statement analysis and accounting; identifying, correcting, and reporting discrepancies in financial statements and accounting transactions through documentation to ensure compliance with government reporting requirements and statutory filing procedures; and collaborating with external stakeholders to review and validate financial documentation.
- Ensures reporting compliance by reviewing to ensure consistent application of policies, rules, and regulations; reviewing, evaluating, and interpreting internal financial statements and supporting documentation for compliance with accounting and reporting regulations and ensuring compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field and 4 years' experience in finance, accounting, or related area OR 6 years' experience in finance, accounting, or related area. 1 year's supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Relational Database Management System (RDMS), Working on cross-functional teams or projects
Masters: Business Administration
Financial & Insurance - Certified Public Accountant - Certification
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.
Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Frequently asked questions
- On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
On average, it takes 45-60 minutes to complete your application for the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time to apply as our system saves some of your application information. Please note that some positions require the completion of assessments in order to receive consideration for that role. Those would take additional time.
- Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so please make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the submit button.
- How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart processes application information using an applicant tracking system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high security standards by Walmart.
- What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
- Internet Explorer 8.0+
- Firefox 4.0+
- Safari 4.0+
- Chrome 12+
See All FAQs
Recently viewed jobs