Senior Manager, Strategy & Operations for Processing and Partner Solutions (PPS) - #19529466
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a member of PPS team, this candidate will play a critical role in driving Visa's revenue and scaling Visa products and solutions by closely partnering with the merchant acquirer and/or issuer processor sales teams and various functional teams (HR, Finance, Marketing, Client Services, IT, NA Sales Ops, Global Merchant & Acquiring Ops, Strategy) across Visa;
- Partner with the sales teams to understand the current and evolving needs of strategic clients.
- Lead brainstorming sessions and develop rigorous, fact based, quantitative analysis to drive the partnership strategy.
- Structure and solve business problems, collaborating and coordinating with a range of internal stakeholders to make recommendations on a wide range of business issues.
- Build out unique, creative and impactful solutions by integrating insights across Visa's many expert functional resources.
- Work closely with cross-functional and regional management teams on strategic projects, bringing timely and useful insight and analytical support.
- Create presentations for internal approvals and external client facing partnership specific discussions.
- Communicate recommendations to senior management, other executives, functional, or regional staff and management in a clear, concise and impactful way.
The ideal candidate will work with minimal guidance in a fast paced, sometimes ambiguous work environment, and will have the ability to independently translate high level guidance into detailed deliverables. He/she will demonstrate good interpersonal skills. The employee is responsible for, but not limited to:
DATA AND ANALYTICS:
- Support the VP of Strategy & Operations for PPS on all data and business analysis needs including preparation for internal business reviews, client facing meetings and finance reviews
- Clear scorecard metrics/performance indicators, goals and insights that help drive alignment and focus to the organization broadly
- Weekly executive reporting and ad hoc management reporting (e.g. Monthly Business Reviews, CEO Day, Sales Kick-Offs)
- Dashboard and pipeline reporting leveraging Playbook for different lines of businesses (US Acquiring, Titan Deals, EPS, Intl Issuer Processor)
MARKETING AND COMMS:
- Support the marketing and communications strategy & execution for PPS, which includes, but not limited to: crafting newsletters, liaising with internal comms teams, writing sales materials, writing and releasing thought leadership pieces to the team
- Collaborate with team members in the preparation and delivery of materials, reports and analysis for client facing presentations.
- Analyze data and package data insights for client delivery creating an executable action plan tailored to our specific client's business
- Create both long-form and real-time (immediate) content, along with distribution strategies and tactics.
8 years' experience with a BS/BA or 5 years with an Advanced degree or 2 years with a PhD
- 9 years' experience with a BS/BA or 7 years' experience with an Advanced degree or 3 years with a PhD
- General payments industry experience and knowledge of Visa and its products preferred. Experience interacting with merchants, acquirers and processors is a big plus
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills and an ability to synthesize information and make clear, concise recommendations on course of action
- Effective communicator, especially with executives and in ambiguous situations.
- Ability to explain complex concepts to a broad audience in an approachable way
- Demonstrated aptitude to learn quickly in scenarios that are not well defined or structured
- Strategic and analytical thinker, able to move seamlessly from high level concepts to details and solutions with limited guidance
- Process and solutions oriented project manager with a high attention to detail and demonstrated experience executing deliverables on schedule
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required. Comfortable working with data and reporting tools such as Playbook, etc.
- Excellent project management skills – ability to manage complex timelines and projects, many at the same time
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.