Bilingual Health Information/Customer Service Specialist /REMOTE OPPORTUNITY - #19543275
Responsibilities for this Position
Location: Any Location / Remote
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ71822
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Public Trust/Other Required:
GDIT has an exciting opportunity for a BILINGUAL Health Information Specialist - Spanish/English (HIS) to support the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) program. VAERS is a post-marketing safety surveillance program, collecting information about adverse events that occur after the administration of vaccines. The HIS will provide support for the nurse follow-up activities which includes contacting medical providers for follow-up information on patients reported to VAERS, entering follow-up information into a health-related database, tracking outstanding requests for medical documents, and performing other administrative tasks as needed.
This team covers the hours of 8 am - 8 pm EST Monday through Friday. Employees work a regular schedule with flexibility to adjust for coverage or time off as needed.
This position can work 100% from home anywhere across the US. Ability to work from a quiet environment is a must.
- Support clinical follow up activities by requesting missing case information (information, medical records) via phone, fax, mail, and/or email
- Answer inbound calls and emails addressing requests for general information and material requests. Process materials requests as needed (fax, email, mail)
- Document status of activities on the system received for accuracy and completeness
- Collaborate with other staff working on the case to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Complete tasks per designated deadlines
- Fluent in Spanish and English required
- High School Diploma
- 2+ years of demonstrated customer service experience required
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word & Excel
- Ability to work from a quiet environment with a strong internet connection is required
- Availability to work any 8-hour shift from 8 am - 8pm EST Monday - Friday
- Associates degree and/or college coursework a plus
- Case management or health office related experience
- Call Center experience a plus
- Previous experience working from home is strongly preferred
ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong multitasking abilities
- Detailed oriented
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to adhere to deadlines
The likely hourly rate for this position is between $11.83 - $19.64, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
T elecommuting Options:
Any Location / Remote
Additional Work Locations:
Total Rewards at GDIT:
Our benefits package for all US-based employees includes a variety of medical plan options, some with Health Savings Accounts, dental plan options, a vision plan, and a 401(k) plan offering the ability to contribute both pre and post-tax dollars up to the IRS annual limits and receive a company match. To encourage work/life balance, GDIT offers employees full flex work weeks where possible and a variety of paid time off plans, including vacation, sick and personal time, holidays, paid parental, military, bereavement and jury duty leave. To ensure our employees are able to protect their income, other offerings such as short and long-term disability benefits, life, accidental death and dismemberment, personal accident, critical illness and business travel and accident insurance are provided or available. We regularly review our Total Rewards package to ensure our offerings are competitive and reflect what our employees have told us they value most.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.\n\nGDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.