BABO11-2021-00538-Business Office Supervisor II-Cheyenne - #19543343
State of Wyoming
Description and Functions
Open to Until Filled
The District Attorney's Office in Cheyenne, Wyoming, has an immediate opening for an Office Manager. Under limited supervision, this position manages the Office of the District Attorney's daily operations in the First Judicial District, including its assets, budget, and support staff.
Human Resource Contact: Debbie Russi, 307-777-6737,email@example.com
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
- Manages daily internal operations of the agency
- Directs, instructs, counsels, and supervises agency support staff in daily work activities to ensure compliance with State, Departmental, and Institutional policies and procedures
- Provides expertise and direction to subordinates and sets standards
- Assists with the development of agency biennial budget, strategic plan, annual report, and legislative proposals
- Assists with setting agency policies and long term goals and objectives
- Responsible for fiscal and financial oversight of the agency, including purchasing, federal grant management, and effective monitoring/usage of expenditures
- Responsible for business management and project management
- Reviews and writes official correspondence pertaining to agency business
- Acts as liaison between other state agencies
Preference may be given to those with experience working in WOLFS, HRM/Payroll, and InfoAdvantage.
Preference may be given to those with experience in business management, accounting, finance, and budget operations.
- Knowledge of general government management, planning, and budgeting principles
- Knowledge of human resource management theories and principles and best practices in implementing those theories
- Strong communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially in Excel
- Knowledge of state statutes
- Knowledge of criminal prosecution
- Knowledge of purchasing procedures
- Knowledge of internal control processes
- Knowledge ofWOLFS, HRM/Payroll, andInfoAdvantage
- Knowledge of business management, accounting, finance, and budget operations
Bachelor's Degree (typically in Business Management)
1-3 years of progressive work experience (typically in Business Management) with acquired knowledge at the level of a Business Office Supervisor I
Education & ExperienceSubstitution:
4-7 years of progressive work experience (typically in Business Management) with acquired knowledge at the level of a Business Office Supervisor I
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Necessary Special Requirements
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- This is an indoor office setting.
- Some lifting of heavy boxes may be required.
- FLSA: Exempt
- This is an At-Will position and is appointed by and serves at the pleasure of the District Attorney pursuant to W.S. §9-1-804(c)
151-First Judicial District -Office of the District Attorney
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.