Driver - #19543344
Huskey Truss & Building Supply
Since 1945, Huskey has been a family-owned and operated company in the building materials industry.
Tired of being just a number? We see our team members as contributing individuals who are dedicated to serving others with excellence. We are always striving to improve our work culture to build a successful future for our team members and customers.
If you have a strong desire to learn and grow, feel appreciated and contribute to making a difference, then you have come to the right place.
BOX TRUCK DRIVER
LOCAL DELIVERIES ONLY
FULL BENEFITS PACKAGE (MEDICAL, DENTAL, VISION, LIFE, 401K, DISABILITY, AFLAC)
Purpose: To deliver, pick up and place building materials on construction job sites in a safe and efficient manner while meeting internal and external customer needs.
- Operate vehicle and handle material with safety as top priority achieving accident, incident and material damage rates of 0%
- Deliver undamaged material to the correct jobsite while placing material at the correct location in a timely manner
- Pick up re-sellable material and return to facility undamaged
- Follow all company rules and guidelines in regards to procedures and safety
- Arrive to work on time
- Ensure vehicle is in good condition and ready for use by conducting daily inspection every morning
- Check orders for accuracy, load warehouse items and secure loads to prevent material from shifting
- Thoroughly communicate needs and expectations with internal customers
- Assist with yard housekeeping, organizing material, maintaining facility, loading trucks, pulling orders, etc. when not driving
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to work safely and efficiently in fast-paced environment
- Possess strong and proven customer service skills
- Capability of working outside in hot and cold environments
- Planning and organizational skills
- 6 months delivering material and driving a box truck
- Flexible and adaptable with schedule
- Shares ideas and information in a respectful and tactful manner
- Possess positive attitude at all times
- Must pass company drug screens as part of drug-free workplace
- Valid F-endorsement and health card
- Clean MVR and insurability for driving
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
This role description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the individuals within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all accountabilities, responsibilities, skills and qualifications of those assigned to this role.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.