BA5 (Financials background required) - #19543351
TECHNAMO is a niche, young & dynamic IT service provider, VA SWaM certified, Microsoft Cloud Certified Partner, focused on providing IT Solutions & Services to government and commercial companies.
TECHNAMO is a Tier-I Contractor to provide IT Services to the Virginia govt. agencies (70+ entities) and contracted to provide services to state govt. New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Arkansas, Delaware, and Maryland govt. agencies.
Contact us: Chowdary email: [email protected] Ph: 703-957-6871, www.technamo.com
This position will not only serve as the primary BSA for our Financial System (BAR) product team but will also work on either small or medium-sized projects or on maintenance requests to troubleshoot issues and defects or implement small enhancements to our legacy systems. A foundational understanding of accounting concepts (primarily involving the input of financial transactions - receivables and payables - into the general ledger but also a basic understanding of the financial position and cash flow) is required.
Previous experience with the implementation and/or support of Oracle Cloud Financial software is highly desired, but not required.
As the BSA and release coordinator for our financial system product team, he or she will be responsible for monitoring the day to day load of financial data to the BAR system to identify issues, partner with internal support staff and external vendors to perform research, and troubleshoot data load and reconciliation problems, serve as the upload template SME for other BSAs and provide support to the Finance team as they seek to make enhancements to the existing implementation.
As time and priorities allow, he or she may also partner with other BSAs on our maintenance and support team to respond to incoming requests for enhancements and to assist with the resolution of defects and other issues on our other existing systems.
• Perform requirements elicitation, analysis, and management activities
• Identify, evaluate and have a clear understanding of the high-level business needs of clients and stakeholders
• Translate business requirements to detailed technical requirements with fluency to enable IT technical teams
• Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources
• Reconcile conflicting requirements
• Abstract low-level technical information to a higher-level general understanding
• Create and update the requirements traceability matrix against architecture, design, and test planning
• Continuously monitor and analyzing potential impacts to requirements and technical scope
• Assist in developing and validating test plans
• Build business process maps to depict both current state and desired state
• Conduct risk assessments for solutions including impact on business and technical processes
• Conduct functional testing and/or partner with quality assurance analysts to ensure adequate coverage of requirements
• Monitor interface log files to ensure a load of financial data into the financial system on a daily basis
• Partner with internal and external technical resources to perform research and trace data inconsistencies
• Partner with internal business resources to understand the impact of system upgrades and enhancements on existing business processes
• Partner with internal technical resources to understand the impact of Oracles Cloud Financials system upgrades and enhancements to internally maintained interface points
• Provide support and knowledge to other project teams that are looking to send or receive financial data to/from the financial system
• Maintain the Financial System product backlog in JIRA
• Assist the Financial System product owner with prioritizing the backlog
• Escalate/communicate enhancements that will exceed the bandwidth, capacity, and/or capabilities of the team
• Coordinate change management efforts and for ensuring that the change management process is followed for each release of the financial system
• Foundational understanding of accounting concepts (primarily involving the input of financial transactions - receivables and payables - into the general ledger but also a basic understanding of financial position, cash flow, and reconciliation)
• Ability to coordinate and facilitate project design sessions prior to development iterations to identify and specify logical system design
• Excellent requirements elicitation, analysis, specification, validation, and management skills
• Familiarity in creating business and technical process and data flow diagrams
• Ability to assist product owners in planning for and coordinating UAT
• Experience making recommendations for the logical design of system enhancements
• Ability to comprehend and explain how a change to a component/application impacts the whole system to both technical and business staff
• Previous experience working with Development Lead / System Engineer as liaison to communicate requirements
• Ability to articulate clearly defined user stories and detailed acceptance criteria that include all details necessary to build test cases
• Experience in communicating and working with business stakeholders to translate the business vision into actionable requirements
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to coordinate across business and technical resources to get needed information on a timely basis and ensure necessary work gets done
• Ability to execute simple to moderately complex (multi-table joins) SQL select statements
• Create and maintain data definitions (business definitions of data elements) and source to target mappings for the system to system interfaces
• Experience Coordinating and facilitate meetings with clear agendas and in keeping participants on-track
• Previous experience evaluating existing business and technical processes and making recommendations on improvement
• Proficiency with MS Office 2013/2016 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
• Ability to switch between more waterfall-based approaches and iterative-based
Desired, but not required:
• Previous experience using JIRA for the tracking and management of requirements and tasks
• Previous experience serving as a Scrum Master on an Agile Team
Formulates and documents well-formed user stories with detailed acceptance criteria – Required 5 years.
Effectively used various elicitation techniques (JAD sessions, interviews, surveys, shadowing, etc.) to identify business needs – Required 7 years.
Creates and maintains business process flow diagrams – Required 7 years.
Knowledge of both web application and client-server application concepts – Required 7 years.
Create and maintain source to target maps – Required 7 years.
Effective meeting facilitation, conflict resolution, and negotiation – Required 7 years.
Identify and make recommendations on business and system process improvements – Required 5 years.
Comfort in interacting with, setting expectations, and resolving requirements & prioritization conflicts with stakeholders across the organization – Required 7 years.
Maintain system protocols by writing and updating procedures and help documentation – Required 7 years.
Ability to perform and scale BSA-related tasks and activities for work efforts of various sizes (small maintenance items too large projects) – Required 5 years.
Partners with technical and quality assurance resources to ensure that requirements are implemented and tested per the acceptance criteria – Required 5 years.
Assist product owners or other key stakeholders with UAT planning and execution – Required 5 years.
Effectively break down BSA activities into relevant tasks and provide estimates for completion – Required 5 years.
A foundational understanding of accounting concepts (receivables and payables, financial position, cash flow, and reconciliation) – Required 2 years.
Ability to execute simple to moderately complex (multi-table joins) SQL select statements – Required 2 years.
Ability to coordinate across business and technical resources to get needed information on a timely basis and ensure necessary work gets done – Required 6 years.
Create and maintain data definitions (business definitions of data elements) and source to target mappings for the system to system interfaces – Required 5 years.
Ability to switch between more waterfall-based approaches and iterative-based – Required 5 years.
Does your candidate have a background with implementation/support of Oracles Cloud Financials system – Highly desired 2 years.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.