FP&A Senior Manager - #19543352
Balsam Brands is looking for a talented individual to join our growing team! As FP&A Senior Manager, you will provide partnership and leadership in the areas of financial planning, forecasting, and analysis. This finance expert will develop, refine, and expand processes that include budgeting, cost-benefit analysis, economic and financial feasibility studies, risk evaluation and management, and financial guideline discipline across all of Balsam Brands.
Our ideal candidate is someone who loves teamwork, pays attention to the details, can tease-out important observations from large amounts of data, and maintains a balance between “being in the weeds” and “working at 30,000 feet.” S/he manages competing priorities with a positive attitude, thrives in a deadline-driven environment, and is both a creative leader and makes things happen in the trenches!
The Financial Planning Manager will report to our Chief Financial Officer.
What you’ll do:
- Develop, implement, and maintain effective planning and analysis processes to support and inform strategic decisions, establish goals, and the measurement of company performance.
- Define the cadence, tools, and outputs of the company’s routine planning and forecasting process and work closely with cross functional partners in its execution.
- Build, maintain, and own a comprehensive and detailed financial model of the company’s historical and projected performance (e.g., P&L, balance sheet, and cash flows) and related financial metrics.
- Analyze and recommend system and reporting enhancements that improve overall business intelligence.
- Monitor and measure company performance through variance analyses, revenue and cost trends and drivers, and product/project profitability.
- Routinely communicate business unit and company consolidated financial and operational performance trends – historical and forecasted – using appropriate metrics. Suggest trends, resulting implications, key actions, and strategic implications. Coordinate the capital spending review process for the company.
- Work closely with cross functional partners to manage and control financial results, identifying areas of growth potential and operating efficiency.
You’ll be successful if:
- You’re comfortable working both autonomously and in close collaboration with others; can shift between strategic thinking and tactical execution within a fast-paced environment.
- You can eloquently put financial narrative/story around business performance and outlook in a way that others easily follow.
- You’re able to create financial summaries and dashboards – capturing large amounts of data and complex analyses – in a format that others understand.
- You instill confidence and build excitement for cross-functional colleagues to partner on financial oversight and accountability.
What you bring to the table:
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting; MBA preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in corporate financial planning and analysis, with significant exposure to multiple business units and international operations.
- Deep experience in eCommerce direct-to-consumer retail.
- Demonstrated history of developing and improving budgeting, forecasting, and analytical processes.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in sophisticated financial modeling, analysis, and problem solving.
- Experience with a range of budgeting tools and software solutions.
- Competency in analyzing large amounts of data and drawing insightful conclusions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and exceptional MS Excel skills.
- SQL and database query experience strongly preferred.
- Creative problem solver.
- Outstanding and authentic collaboration skills and care for the teams and people with whom you work.
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/balsam-brands/
Location: Boise, ID
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.