District Sales Leader Designate - Columbia, MO - #19543359
Auto req ID: 230587BR
We are PepsiCo Sales. We are game changers, mountain movers and history makers. We are a diverse group, spread among 200 countries and united by a shared set of values and goals. That's why we Perform with Purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and never settle for second best. At PepsiCo, we're committed to performing well as individuals and in teams, to strengthen the company as a whole.
This position contributes to the Frito Lay sales and distribution operating unit. Are you hungry to be a part of the World's largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands who's specifically responsible for the growth of some of America's favorite snack foods, including Fritos®, Lay's®, Doritos®, Cheetos®, and Tostitos®.?
What makes you unique makes us better, and now is a better time than ever to explore the opportunities of PepsiCo.
As a District Sales Leader Designate for Frito Lay you will complete a 9-month onboarding program to assimilate and develop the necessary skill set to successfully promote into the District Sales Leader position. During your onboarding, we will provide you with 4-6 months of route level training to learn the foundation of the business and develop an understanding of our Direct Store Delivery (DSD) network and supply chain, while teaching you the role of the frontline route sales reps you will eventually lead.
Upon completion of the designate training program, you will promote to a District Sales Leader assuming responsibility for all aspects of running a sales district; leading 10-15 Route Sales Representatives (RSR's) while leading a $5-15 Million dollar business. Your strong leadership skills, interpersonal skills and ability to thrive in a dynamic, constantly changing work environment is vital to your success in this role.
Major Tasks, Accountabilities and Key Responsibilities:
- Successfully complete all activities included in the Sales District Leader Designate onboarding program
- Effectively develop, build and maintain positive relationships with customers (store management) while growing sales/selling in/executing sales programs and initiatives
- Lead district meetings focused on a plan to achieve sales objectives and goals
- Conduct one-with-one meetings and "work withs" with your route sales reps to discuss performance, selling and customer service skills
- Coach your team to successfully sell against baseline and promotional opportunities
- Develop sales strategies through collecting and interpreting statistical data utilizing PepsiCo specific applications
- Partner with product supply team to build accurate forecasts based on promotions and historical performance to ensure product availability
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations to customers as required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, evenings and/or weekends
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- A minimum of 2 years leading a team of frontline employees
- Consumer packaged goods experience in a Direct Store Delivery environment preferred
- Ability to motivate yourself and others while delivering excellent communication, negotiation, influencing, and follow up skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must have a valid driver's license
- The safe driving record strongly preferred
- Able and willing to lift up to 40 lbs. periodically
- This position is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States
LI-USARelocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Pipeline
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement