Registered Nurse - RN - FT Night - #19543366
Ashby Ponds is a beautiful 132-acre continuing care retirement community in Loudoun County, Virginia. We're part of a growing network of communities managed by Erickson Living, a national provider of senior living and health care with campuses in 11 states—and growing.
Ashby Ponds is looking for everyday heroes who want to make a real impact in the lives of seniors. If you're ready to take your career to new heights, join us. In addition to a rewarding career, you'll enjoy an industry-leading total rewards package that includes a competitive salary, an impressive package of health and dental benefits, paid time off and volunteer hours, tuition reimbursement, 401(k) with employer contribution, opportunities for career growth and advancement, and much more!
The Registered Nurse promotes, restores and maintains resident's health and wellbeing by collaborating with providers, the interdisciplinary team and care associates. The RN's primary role is to provide physical and psych-social support to residents and families.
How you will make an impact:
- Developing relationships with the residents and their families using a consistent caregiver approach; supporting the resident's physical, spiritual, emotional and clinical needs and focusing on placing the resident first.
- Performing all clinical duties in accordance with state nurse practice act and nursing standards of practice.
- Promoting resident's independence by establishing resident care goals, teaching resident/family members to understand a resident's condition, medication and self-care skills.
- Monitoring a resident clinical and care conditions to identify any changes in status and acting on those changes to ensure patient comfort and safety.
- Working alongside the care associates to perform routine nursing care to assigned residents as needed.
- Maintaining infection prevention practices, administering medications and performing treatments per orders.
- Developing and coordinating a comprehensive Holistic plan of care to meet the resident's clinical and care needs in collaboration with the interdisciplinary and neighborhood team.
- Supporting resident's preferences, routines and choices in resident's electronic medical record.
- Ensuring that documentation is current, accurate, and timely.
- Participating in care conferences for designated residents as requested by Clinical Manager.
What we offer:
- Competitive benefit packages including medical, dental, vision and 401K with a match after 1 year.
- Tuition reimbursement, certification reimbursement and student loan refinancing partnership programs are available.
- Onsite wellness visits and sick care available for all employees over 18 years of age.
- A culture of diversity and inclusion, which builds on our values, vision and mission.
What you will need:
- Must have an active RN license in the state he/she will practice. Graduate from an accredited Registered Nurse program.
- Must have a minimum of 6 months experience as an RN.
- A passion for caring for seniors.
- Experience with an electronic medical record is preferred.
- CPR certification required.
Erickson Living, its affiliates, and managed communities are Equal Opportunity Employers and are committed to providing a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.