Human Resources Manager - #19543368
Republic Services, Inc.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Human Resources Manager supports a large population of corporate employees; executes key strategies relating to people management; and counsels the Company's leadership regarding workforce planning, organizational effectiveness, performance issues, employee development, talent assessment and overall performance management. The Human Resources Manager also creates and implements Human Resources initiatives and objectives that provide an employee-oriented, high-performance culture, emphasizing the Company's key principles and values; leads employee relations initiatives and investigations to ensure a positive and fair work environment; and, in partnership with department leaders, develops engagement strategies based on survey data and employee feedback, to ensure the Company is striving toward a highly engaged workforce.
- Provides Human Resources advice, consultation and leadership to corporate office leaders and employees.
- Maintains thorough and up-to-date knowledge of the industry and assigned areas of responsibility to serve as an effective business partner.
- Facilitates organizational development initiatives including performance management and talent assessment.
- Implements, interprets and communicates Company policies to all employees.
- Leads new hire orientation to ensure the onboarding process is complete and in compliance with Company guidelines; participates in the interview, selection and on-boarding process.
- Partners with colleagues from all areas of Human Resources to provide training and coaching to ensure performance reviews, talent assessments, compensation planning and all other human resources activities are completed and administered within Company guidelines to ensure optimal success of the overall organization.
- Conducts investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth; recommends follow up actions, as necessary, and is instrumental in ensuring all appropriate next steps are followed.
- Consults with managers and supervisors regarding the development and coaching of all employees.
- Coaches and trains managers and supervisors on their communication and feedback skills, ensuring a fair and consistent environment for all employees.
- Monitors the implementation of a performance improvement process with non-performing employees and reviews, guides and approves management recommendations for employment terminations.
- Prepares statistical data analyses and background material for management reports, as requested, and may provide gap analyses and recommendations as needed.
- Ensures proper maintenance of confidential employee information.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience supporting client groups in a Fortune 500 corporate environment.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive Human Resources experience.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.